dialogue problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : dialogue problem

surie
04-08-2004, 02:19 AM
i have a denon 3803 , bose 901 , and ns-c3290 ( yamaha ) centre ,
my problem is that the dialogue clarity as well as depth is not good ,
sometimes sounding muffled . if i increase the volume , it gets too loud , is their some setting i can tweak to get good dialogue .

F1
04-08-2004, 04:53 AM
i have a denon 3803 , bose 901 , and ns-c3290 ( yamaha ) centre ,
my problem is that the dialogue clarity as well as depth is not good ,
sometimes sounding muffled . if i increase the volume , it gets too loud , is their some setting i can tweak to get good dialogue .

If you don't want to change your speaker, you may cut the bass and treble on your receiver and turn up the volume.

wasch_24
04-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Have you tried changing the size setting for your center channel? Small might sound better. Check your manual to see if you can do that with that receiver.

Tarheel_
04-08-2004, 07:35 AM
since you have a very tweakable receiver, try adjusting the distance from the center speaker to your listening position. Or, remove the center speaker, set your reciever to "none" for the center and allow the Denon to create a phantom center. Depending on the setup you can achieve an improved front array of sound with the phantom mode.
From my experience, a phantom center sounds better than a non-matching front.

r3dline
04-08-2004, 11:44 AM
perhaps try replacing the bose and getting a couple decent towers and a center to match? :/

hershon
04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
On my cheapo Koss C 220 system, under menu there is a control called DRC which basically in effect lets you adjust the balance between dialogue and background music. I would check your menu to see if you have something similar. This menu also lets you adjust the distance of each speaker & decible level (they're all under audio output in the menu).

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
perhaps try replacing the bose and getting a couple decent towers and a center to match? :/

Now this is the best advice on this page. You got L/R speakers that throw a majority of their sound against the front wall, and a direct radiating center speaker throwing most of its sound out into the room. Two different technologies, no wonder you are having problems.

I would replace all three because there is not much you can do with this setup.