Why so cheap on increasing reputation?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why so cheap on increasing reputation??

manlystanley
09-15-2010, 04:31 AM
I have tried to give so many people koodos who have been a big help to me. But, because I gave them koodos once, I cann't do it again. Is there a timeout (like once a year) or is it that once I say thanks one time can never do it again??

I keep on getting the message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxxx again".

Best Regards,
Stan

GMichael
09-15-2010, 05:12 AM
I have tried to give so many people koodos who have been a big help to me. But, because I gave them koodos once, I cann't do it again. Is there a timeout (like once a year) or is it that once I say thanks one time can never do it again??

I keep on getting the message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxxx again".

Best Regards,
Stan
You have to thank or spank about 20 different people before you can give rep to the first person a second time.

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2010, 05:24 AM
You have to thank or spank about 20 different people before you can give rep to the first person a second time.

That's dumb on a site like this with so few active members. I sometimes just go into the Members List and hand out random points to people. Most of them probably haven't posted here in years.

Geoffcin
09-15-2010, 06:07 AM
That's dumb on a site like this with so few active members. I sometimes just go into the Members List and hand out random points to people. Most of them probably haven't posted here in years.

Hey FA, I'll take a random point if your giving! ;)

poppachubby
09-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Me too!!

dakatabg
09-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Share the wealth

manlystanley
09-15-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm game too!!

3LB
09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
log in under a bunch of different screen names and give out rep points w/ your initials attached.

Hyfi
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Or like myself, totally ignore giving or getting them as they mean nothing in the full scheme of things.

I never knew what they were until recently when all heck broke loose with PSkies.

GMichael
09-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Rep me baby. Rep me.....

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, random acts of kindness were awarded to Geoffcin, Dakatabg, and Hyfi (even though he doesn't care).

But PoppaChubbs, ManlyStanley, 3LB, and GMIke were left in the cold because, apparently, even with my random acts of kindness, I still don't get around enough.

GMichael
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, random acts of kindness were awarded to Geoffcin, Dakatabg, and Hyfi (even though he doesn't care).

But PoppaChubbs, ManlyStanley, 3LB, and GMIke were left in the cold because, apparently, even with my random acts of kindness, I still don't get around enough.
I'm not going there and you can't make me.
But I did just get this msg. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ForeverAutumn again."
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hyfi again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 3LB again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to poppachubby again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Geoffcin again.

The rest of you got a little sometin' sometin' extra waitin' for ya.

manlystanley
09-15-2010, 11:44 AM

ooooooooooooohhhhhhh AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I just sent you a random greenie too. I feel so good.... Lets all meet around the camp fire, hold hands and sing songs........ I'll bring the marshmallows who'll bring the crackers and chocolate????

Best Regards,
Stan

GMichael
09-15-2010, 11:54 AM
ooooooooooooohhhhhhh AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I just sent you a random greenie too. I feel so good.... Lets all meet around the camp fire, hold hands and sing songs........ I'll bring the marshmallows who'll bring the crackers and chocolate????

Best Regards,
Stan
I’m diabetic. I’ll bring the carrot sticks.:o

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2010, 12:08 PM
:15: Koooooombyaaaaaaa my lord, kooooooombyaaaaaaaa :15:

...................... :15:......................................... :15:

....................................... :15:

.................................................. ........:15:

TheHills44060
09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah that's standard for these types of forums in an effort to try and mitigate people from abusing rep. Here's my rep from another forum I frequent.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/shodulik/ScreenHunter_02Sep151623.jpg
You would not believe how much rep you have to attain before getting full stars & bars. What we did was get a group of 6 guys (it took reps to 6 different people before you can rep the same person again) then just rep bomb each other over and over using the same cycle of people until we all had full rep. People on the forum were wondering how in the hell we had so much rep so quickly and everyone else had squat haha.

GMichael
09-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah that's standard for these types of forums in an effort to try and mitigate people from abusing rep. Here's my rep from another forum I frequent.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/shodulik/ScreenHunter_02Sep151623.jpg
You would not believe how much rep you have to attain before getting full stars & bars. What we did was get a group of 6 guys (it took reps to 6 different people before you can rep the same person again) then just rep bomb each other over and over using the same cycle of people until we all had full rep. People on the forum were wondering how in the hell we had so much rep so quickly and everyone else had squat haha.

F.ck the rep! You have 180,704 posts?!

Dude! You so need to get outside and feel the sun on your skin!:yikes:

Geoffcin
09-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Thanks FA, And right back at ya!

Hyfi
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
OK so at the risk of looking stupid, how do you even give and see the ones given.

This site's FAQ and Search suck you know what. It took me over 20 minutes a few weeks ago just to find the official forum posting rules and my latest search for Reputation came up zilch!

dakatabg
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
I give point all the time. I gave to all the people here in this thread, pretty much the regulars, some I coudnt because I have given you before and I have to spread same reputation

GMichael
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
OK so at the risk of looking stupid, how do you even give and see the ones given.

This site's FAQ and Search suck you know what. It took me over 20 minutes a few weeks ago just to find the official forum posting rules and my latest search for Reputation came up zilch!
Click on "User CP" in the uperish left of the screen. (Just above Post Reply) Then pan down.

Geoffcin
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Wow, I'm getting all warm-and-fuzzy handing out all these reps!

Hyfi
09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Click on "User CP" in the uperish left of the screen. (Just above Post Reply) Then pan down.

OK Now I see mine, how do I give em out?

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2010, 04:44 PM
OK Now I see mine, how do I give em out?

At the bottom of someone's post, you'll see a little scales icon. Click it. That will take you to a screen where you can approve or disapprove a post. Approving gives points and disapproving taketh away.

You can also leave a comment. We usually also leave our name so the person knows who the post is from. Anonymous rep points suck.

Hyfi
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
At the bottom of someone's post, you'll see a little scales icon. Click it. That will take you to a screen where you can approve or disapprove a post. Approving gives points and disapproving taketh away.

You can also leave a comment. We usually also leave our name so the person knows who the post is from. Anonymous rep points suck.

Thank you M'Am!

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you M'Am!

My pleasure. You've been such a good friend and computer guru for me, it's the least I could do. :D

dakatabg
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow that is a thread for sharing reputation.

GMichael
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I unload my neg reps on the spammers.

Here's your chance. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=35216

ForeverAutumn
09-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I unload my neg reps on the spammers.

Here's your chance. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=35216

Nice. :yesnod:

Too bad that we can only do it once per spammer. This guy is pushing drugs all over the damn board. As if people who listen to music would do drugs. :rolleyes: Yeah, right.

GMichael
09-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Nice. :yesnod:

Too bad that we can only do it once per spammer. This guy is pushing drugs all over the damn board. As if people who listen to music would do drugs. :rolleyes: Yeah, right.
Never! Pink Floyd and shrooms just don't go well together.:yikes:

Hyfi
09-17-2010, 01:39 PM
What happened to FAs last reply to me? It was here and now it's gone.