From TIFF Toronto [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : From TIFF Toronto

audiobill
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi RRers,

Thought some of you might be interested in the Springsteen doc that is premiering at the TIFF.

Personally, Darkness On The Edge of Town was a formative piece of music for me in my early teens -- I know, too old for some and not old enough for others, but it Rawked my world!!!!

Can't wait to see the doc.

Here's a link to a review
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/tiff/tiffnews/article/861263--bruce-springsteen-oozes-cool-on-the-tiff-red-carpet

Cheers,
Bill

Smokey
09-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Personally, Darkness On The Edge of Town was a formative piece of music for me in my early teens -- I know, too old for some and not old enough for others, but it Rawked my world!!!!

An excellent album and arguably his best.

audiobill
09-15-2010, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Smokey -arguably his best.[/QUOTE]

My favourite tracks from this album, Smokey, have changed over the years.

If I'd have to pick two today they would be the sentimental "Racing in the Streets" (car guy as well as a music guy) and the heart-breaking "Candy's Room.

I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven store

Swish
09-16-2010, 06:47 AM
...days, this one got a lot of play. I was just turning the corner and getting into the 'new wave' genre, so my this was probably the last from him that I listened to with any regularity. Good stuff Bill.

Slosh
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
My favourite tracks from this album, Smokey, have changed over the years.

If I'd have to pick two today they would be the sentimental "Racing in the Streets" (car guy as well as a music guy) and the heart-breaking "Candy's Room.

I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven storeFuelie heads are for small-blocks Chevrolets. The 396 is a big-block. Bruce needs to turn in his car-guy card. I'm a Mopar guy and even I know this stuff.

I still like the song, however.

NP:

Swish
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Fuelie heads are for small-blocks Chevrolets. The 396 is a big-block. Bruce needs to turn in his car-guy card. I'm a Mopar guy and even I know this stuff.

I still like the song, however.

NP:
...he made for Glory Days? I'm a righty and think I could throw it better left-handed than he did. It was nearly as bad as Obama when he threw out the first pitch. I guess Bruce is better at writing and singing about guy stuff than he is at actually doing guy stuff. :smile5: