Swish parties with Spoon's bassist Rob Pope. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Swish parties with Spoon's bassist Rob Pope.

Swish
09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay, I guess seeing him on the street after the show and shaking hands wasn't the same as partying, but it was 'this close'. The show at the Forum in Harrisburg, PA was pretty fine, but I was disappointed at the number of empty seats in the place, especially since this was a Saturday night.

We had seats in the 6th row and dead center, meaning a perfect view of the stageI captured some good video on my Flip mino HD and will be sure to share them when I get around to the task. There was a very annoying spotlight behind leader Britt Daniel was shining directly into my face part of the night, flashing off an on, and it nearly ruined my night. WTF were they thinking; "Let's try to blind the audience'. I switched seats with my wife, who is a head short than me, and that resolved the issue for the most part.

At the end of the show, Britt was asking where everyone was going afterward, and a few people made suggestions. We were staying overnight so we could party until the wee hours, and while we were bar-hopping, ran into Rob Pope. He said Britt was 'around the corner', so we chatted a bit, shook hands and parted company. He looked like he was a half lit as he headed to Zembie's, a decent bar across the street.

We were hopeful we'd run into Britt at one of the nearby clubs, but there are a ton of them and everything was packed, and we didn't see him anywhere. That would have been fun for sure.

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Okay, I guess seeing him on the street after the show and shaking hands wasn't the same as partying, but it was 'this close'.

I guess that at your age it would be. :p

It sounds like you had a great time! Nice. :yesnod:

Rae
09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

~Rae

3LB
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
that spotlight was for you Swish, so you wouldn!t notice the red laser target dot on yer fore head

Swish
09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I guess that at your age it would be. :p

It sounds like you had a great time! Nice. :yesnod:

...he was actually recognized by someone. I mean, how many people actually know what he looks like along with his name? He is probably so used to strolling around unrecognized that he was a bit surprised, at least he seemed to be by the look on his face. We didn't follow him to Zembie's because that would have been a bit weird, following him around or whatever.

Swish
09-13-2010, 10:53 AM
that spotlight was for you Swish, so you wouldn!t notice the red laser target dot on yer fore head

...before moving down a seat.

Mr MidFi
09-13-2010, 11:37 AM
I met Mike Ditka in the security line at O'Hare on Saturday. He's exactly how you'd expect him to be.

bobsticks
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
....served him h'ors d'oeuvres and brought his car around for him.