Well, I finally did it. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally did it.

Slosh
09-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I purchased a downloaded album. Got the new Les Savy Fav, Root For Ruin and it's great. Finally, a band that realizes some of us want our digital music in a lossless format (FLAC in this case. It also included a 320kbps MP3 version.) $9.99 with no tax or shipping (obviously) and took less than 5 minutes. Hopefully this becomes a trend and more bands and labels will follow suit.

Did I mention that the album itself is excellent? :)

Swish
09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I purchased a downloaded album. Got the new Les Savy Fav, Root For Ruin and it's great. Finally, a band that realizes some of us want our digital music in a lossless format (FLAC in this case. It also included a 320kbps MP3 version.) $9.99 with no tax or shipping (obviously) and took less than 5 minutes. Hopefully this becomes a trend and more bands and labels will follow suit.

Did I mention that the album itself is excellent? :)

I like the idea that you can save money by not paying a middle man, although I know it will hear the fun, independent record stores in the long run. I couldn't care less about the FYEs of world, who offer little selection and charge exorbitant prices.