bose lifestyle 30 system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bose lifestyle 30 system

manovo
09-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Hello all, i am new to the forum!! i own a bose lifestyle 30 II system, recently a lithning struk near my house and the receiver is fried (also my tv),
My question is if i can use my bose sub and speakers with any other receiver, or do i have to buy the same old bose receiver.. all 5 speakers connect to the sub, and from the sub there is a round wire that goes into the bose receiver.
Please let me know if i can use my speakers or i am better off buying a complete new system..
Thank you so much for your help
Manuel

Smokey
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
You probably could use the speakers depending on the plug that get connected to sub (you may have to strip the wires). But if sub do not have any connection except the round wire going to receiver-unless you have wiring diagram, the sub might be useless.

markw
09-12-2010, 04:50 AM
I could be wrong, but I do beileve there are active electronics (like power amplifiers and such) in the bass box. If so, you're boned.

eisforelectronic
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Thank God for Lightening. Now you have an excuse to get a real system.

pixelthis
09-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Hello all, i am new to the forum!! i own a bose lifestyle 30 II system, recently a lithning struk near my house and the receiver is fried (also my tv),
My question is if i can use my bose sub and speakers with any other receiver, or do i have to buy the same old bose receiver.. all 5 speakers connect to the sub, and from the sub there is a round wire that goes into the bose receiver.
Please let me know if i can use my speakers or i am better off buying a complete new system..
Thank you so much for your help
Manuel

Toss em, and buy a new system, one that has nothing to do with Bose.
WHAT TO BUY? Almost anything would be better.
BOSE HAS a poor rep on this forum, and just about everywhere else people are serious
about audio. AND its well deserved.THANK GOD FOR THE LIGHTING, get your insurance money and head for the store.:1:

manovo
09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
that simple!
ok, so now that im here with knowlegeble people on the subject, what do you guys recommend me to buy for a nice surround sound?

GMichael
09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi, and welcome to AR. Sorry about your system going up in smoke. Hopefully your next system will make you forget all about it.

Let’s start off with a few questions.

Do you have a budget or at least a projected budget? (How much was the Bose?)
What do you use your system for? (Music, movies, TV) What percentages?
How loud do you like it?
What kind(s) of music do you listen to?
What kinds of movies do you like? (Action. Drama, chick flicks etc…)
What size is your room?
Do you need tiny speakers or can you put in towers?

manovo
09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
no budget in mind, just want to get a good system without going crazy.

Music 50%, movies 25%, Playstation 25%

How loud do you like it?
i like it loud, but i live in an apartment building so i cant go crazy with it.

Latin, hip/hop, alternative

Action

What size is your room?
16x16ft

I would prefer speakers that i can put on the sealing, but it is not a must if you strongly recommend getting something else.

Also, if possible i would like to incorporate some speakers in other rooms, so i can control different areas of the apartment.

thanks so much for your help

pixelthis
09-14-2010, 11:40 AM
no budget in mind, just want to get a good system without going crazy.

Music 50%, movies 25%, Playstation 25%

How loud do you like it?
i like it loud, but i live in an apartment building so i cant go crazy with it.

Latin, hip/hop, alternative

Action

What size is your room?
16x16ft

I would prefer speakers that i can put on the sealing, but it is not a must if you strongly recommend getting something else.

Also, if possible i would like to incorporate some speakers in other rooms, so i can control different areas of the apartment.

thanks so much for your help

DEFTECH makes some excellent sub-sat systems, after listening to one you will
curse Bose (like so many before you) for wasting your time.
B&W is good, but pricey.
KLIPSCH IS GOOD, AND MORE READILY AVAILABLE.
I also like monitor speakers, basically, the more you spend the better you will get,
although there are some decent inexpensive ones, like AXIOM.
I had a pair of Axiom M80s(their flagship). A fairly decent by the numbers speaker.:1:

manovo
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
how about these speakers for my surround, ProCinema 1000 System from DEF TECH?
help with a receiver..

pixelthis
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
how about these speakers for my surround, ProCinema 1000 System from DEF TECH?
help with a receiver..

I had a pair of the satellite Deftechs, and just about anything will run these efficient
speakers, but I have had the best luck with Onkyo products, their Integra line,
specifically. But a friend has had a standard Onkyo for several years, no problems.
I have a Emotiva two channel also, run my front two channels through it, music sounds great
with it, and the receiver drives the other channels better with the load off of the fronts.
SET IN DIRECT mode, without even a sub, with my fronts driven by the Emotiva, is
as audiophile as I will probably get, can't afford a seperate audio system, so I KINDA COMBINED the two.:1:

manovo
09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
so i narrowed my receiver search to this 2 options, which brand should i go for?
ONKYO TXNR1008
YAMAHA RX-A1000
thanks for the help guys