I have just entered the world of Dynaudio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have just entered the world of Dynaudio

harley .guy07
09-10-2010, 07:54 AM
I just entered the world of Dynaudio with a purchase of a pair of audience 60's last night and hooked them up this mornng and wow!!!! My system has never sounded better to me and for their smallish size they have a lot of output and are very natural and bring out every little subtlety in the music. My adcom 545 series 2 runs them very well and even better than I thought it would seeing that Dynaudio audience series are lower in sensitivity and seem to take a lot of power to get the best out of them but my 545 series 2 seems to not have any problems with them. I believe now my next step will be a new preamp since these speakers reveal the bright nature of Yamaha receivers. Do not get me wrong I love the sound of my new Dynaudio speakers and they give me what I have been looking for for a long time and just could not get out of my Paradigm monitor 7's know matter what I tried to do. I think a preamp is my next step since my amp seems to be very happy running these and. I just don't know whether to wait to see what emotiva brings out when they bring out their upper level preamp that is supposed to be hitting the streets any time or go even a little higher end and getting something a little better. I visited Mr. Peabody's house as well and listened to his system and his CJ gear and loved the CJ sound. Conrad Johnson has a tube sound but it does not have any of the short comings of some tube gear as far as highs and controlled bass. The CJ gear was very clean and very emotional sounding. I guess my next project is to do research and find a preamp that will take my now improved system to the next level.

LeRoy
09-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi Harley,

Congrat's on the latest pick up. It's always fun to pick up new gear with the thought in mind to take you audio system to the next level. Enjoy the music!

LeRoy

Jack in Wilmington
09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Great pickup Harley, I love the Dynaudio sound. It sounds like we've taken similar paths. I had Paradigm Monitor 9's before I got my Ushers, but the Dynaudio Focus 140's made a strong case for themselves and only lost out on the monitary side. I had a good amp to run the new speakers, but my receiver left a little to be desired on the preamp side. I went the tube integrated route, but seriously considered a tube pre. You got yourself a nice set of speakers and hopefully your next move makes them even better.

poppachubby
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Congrats harley. Research some tube pre's. I think it could add some dimension and texture to the sound, a nice contrast from your SS gear. Trick is to find the right piece.

I have always read about some Dynaudio being a darker sounding speaker, so maybe a bright back end isn't so bad?

Mr Peabody
09-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Dyn's typically have enough top end. The "darkness" is hard to describe, the best way I know, some speakers allow air around the instruments but rather than that void giving an airy feel.the Dynaudio fills that void with a sense of darkness. This character is more prevalent in later series in my opinion. It's also more noticeable with pairing the Dyn's with darker gear like certain CJ and NAD. The character didn't show as much with Krell. Despite that character Dyn's are very revealing and sound good on any type of music you want to listen to.

Hyfi
09-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the club!

I still love my 82s and 42s.

harley .guy07
09-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah I love these things. I never realized in my own system that I was missing this much in detail but I was. The 60's are good enough to build my system around them and build the front end up to the level that brings out everything the 60's have to offer.