Is this a good deal??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal???

PhD Kid
04-07-2004, 06:29 PM
I have been shopping for speakers for awhile, (40% HT and 70% music). I was really considering going with Onix rockets or reference's until I came across this . Oh Ya I have listened to many speakers from Dyns (52se) to Sonus , originally looking for monitors. Anyway I came across a deal for two brand new Vienna Acoustic's Mozarts's for 1495.00, they regularly go for 2500.00. The fact is that Tweeter is closing them out. It seems like a deal I should not pass up. I already got a rel storm III on closeout for 1150.00. I listened to the Vienna's at Magnolia and they seem awesome for classical and jazz , but I am just a bit leary on how they may perform with R&B and more synthasized pop/hip hop/house type music. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
first things first...PhD...40+70 = 110....PhD??? ;)

Anyways...Why dont you try them out with R+B. And that does sound like a pretty nice deal. Discontinued models clearance and close outs are my favourites when it comes to sales...Overstock sales or related sales are just a scheme I think...Why would any company overstock products? If you like them...go for it. These deals dont come all the time. Maybe you can get another 100 bux off for em???Who knows...doesnt hurt to try

nusiclover
04-08-2004, 01:32 AM
at the time i was looking at speakers, my dealer was closing out audio physics for $1000 under retail. like your deal, this meant that $2500 speakers were going for $1500. new, in the box. but, after many a/b switching, i decided that i preferred the dyn 52se for $1400 better. they were better speakers for me. Point is, just because you are getting a really good deal doenst necessarily mean you are getting the right speakers for you. If the Mozarts and the Rockets retailed for the same amount, which would you prefer? If its the mozarts, then yes, you are getting a really good deal. So, forget about the "good" deal and get the ones that you actually prefer. For even the rockets have their deals. heres the RS550 for $699. http://www.av123.com/products_category_brand.php?section=speakers&brand=3

Pat D
04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I have been shopping for speakers for awhile, (40% HT and 70% music). I was really considering going with Onix rockets or reference's until I came across this . Oh Ya I have listened to many speakers from Dyns (52se) to Sonus , originally looking for monitors. Anyway I came across a deal for two brand new Vienna Acoustic's Mozarts's for 1495.00, they regularly go for 2500.00. The fact is that Tweeter is closing them out. It seems like a deal I should not pass up. I already got a rel storm III on closeout for 1150.00. I listened to the Vienna's at Magnolia and they seem awesome for classical and jazz , but I am just a bit leary on how they may perform with R&B and more synthasized pop/hip hop/house type music. Any advice is greatly appreciated.Well, I have found VA speakers sort of pleasant but too laid back for me. You could pick up a PSB Stratus Mini for less, maybe about the same with the stands, also laid back and much more accurate. But if you like it and think you would want to live with them for a long time, go for the VA.

PhD Kid
04-09-2004, 08:29 PM
at the time i was looking at speakers, my dealer was closing out audio physics for $1000 under retail. like your deal, this meant that $2500 speakers were going for $1500. new, in the box. but, after many a/b switching, i decided that i preferred the dyn 52se for $1400 better. they were better speakers for me. Point is, just because you are getting a really good deal doenst necessarily mean you are getting the right speakers for you. If the Mozarts and the Rockets retailed for the same amount, which would you prefer? If its the mozarts, then yes, you are getting a really good deal. So, forget about the "good" deal and get the ones that you actually prefer. For even the rockets have their deals. heres the RS550 for $699. http://www.av123.com/products_category_brand.php?section=speakers&brand=3

After some thought, I can't agree with you more......