#2 in Box Office, #1 in our hearts "Machete" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : #2 in Box Office, #1 in our hearts "Machete"

Worf101
09-07-2010, 04:40 AM
I guess it was only a matter of time this film was made. Anybody that remembers Tarrantino's "Grindhouse" Double feature of a few years back will remember a fake trailer in there for a movie named "Machete". Well fast forward a few years and Robert Rodriquez of "El Mariachi" and "Dusk Till Dawn" fame has fleshed out this trailer into a full fledged Grindhouse Mex-ploitation feast. There's a:
Car to wall collision
Death by shootin'
Decapitation
Dismemberment
Naked hot babe.
Rotten betrayal
and murderation of hero's family....

ALL IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES!!!!!

And depending on your point of view the film either goes up, down or sideways from there. The films lead, Machete, is played by stoic Mexican American character actor Danny Trejo, who's name you don't know but who's scowl and maxi-tattooed body you're well familiar with. His film credits include:
The voice of Enrique on "King of the Hill".
The Bartender in "From Dusk Till Dawn" and at least 2 of the sequels.
The Bartender in 15 episodes of "The Young and the Restless" (WTF?)
GTA Video Games
Reindeer Games
and Desperado.

All in all over 200 films and TV episodes have been graced by this scowling menace. I'd have to say his closest competitor for the menacing character actor thug crown would have to be "Tiny" Lister who's resume is almost as long. Alongside Trejo in this grindhouse send up is a first rate cast.
Robert Deniro
Don Johnson
Cheech Marin
Jessica Alba (nekid)
Michelle Rodriquez of lost fame (not nekid but close, god she'd fine)
And last but not least, Steven Segal as a Mexican drug lord.

Fast, fun and furious, this film doesn't take itself too seriously except when hammering home it's point about anti-immigrant reactionism here in America. If you're a Minute Man/Tea Partyer, this film ain't for you. But politics aside, if you view this film for the throwback homage it is you'll have one helluva time. I give it a solid B

Worf

dean_martin
09-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks, Worf. Yes, I remembered the "fake" trailer from Grindhouse when the "real" trailer started airing. Totally awesome that Rodriguez went forward with this!

Jessica Alba nekid?!?!? Is this her first time being nekid on film for mass consumption?

GMichael
09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Jessica Alba nekid?!?!? Is this her first time being nekid on film for mass consumption?

Must be. Seems strange that she'd wait till she had a kid to do her first nekid shot. Maybe she wanted to prove that she's back in shape.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I guess it was only a matter of time this film was made. Anybody that remembers Tarrantino's "Grindhouse" Double feature of a few years back will remember a fake trailer in there for a movie named "Machete". Well fast forward a few years and Robert Rodriquez of "El Mariachi" and "Dusk Till Dawn" fame has fleshed out this trailer into a full fledged Grindhouse Mex-ploitation feast. There's a:
Car to wall collision
Death by shootin'
Decapitation
Dismemberment
Naked hot babe.
Rotten betrayal
and murderation of hero's family....

ALL IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES!!!!!

And depending on your point of view the film either goes up, down or sideways from there. The films lead, Machete, is played by stoic Mexican American character actor Danny Trejo, who's name you don't know but who's scowl and maxi-tattooed body you're well familiar with. His film credits include:
The voice of Enrique on "King of the Hill".
The Bartender in "From Dusk Till Dawn" and at least 2 of the sequels.
The Bartender in 15 episodes of "The Young and the Restless" (WTF?)
GTA Video Games
Reindeer Games
and Desperado.

All in all over 200 films and TV episodes have been graced by this scowling menace. I'd have to say his closest competitor for the menacing character actor thug crown would have to be "Tiny" Lister who's resume is almost as long. Alongside Trejo in this grindhouse send up is a first rate cast.
Robert Deniro
Don Johnson
Cheech Marin
Jessica Alba (nekid)
Michelle Rodriquez of lost fame (not nekid but close, god she'd fine)
And last but not least, Steven Segal as a Mexican drug lord.

Fast, fun and furious, this film doesn't take itself too seriously except when hammering home it's point about anti-immigrant reactionism here in America. If you're a Minute Man/Tea Partyer, this film ain't for you. But politics aside, if you view this film for the throwback homage it is you'll have one helluva time. I give it a solid B

Worf

You forgot Danny Trejo was also in Robert Rodriquez's Spy Kids as well. He made gagets for the kids, and the manufacturers name on those gagets was Machete, and his name was Machete Cortez

eisforelectronic
09-08-2010, 01:46 PM
In his interview on Attack of the Show, Danny Trejo said Robert Rodriguez first told him about Machete 14 years ago. He also said Jessica Alba has the softest lips ever.

Worf101
09-13-2010, 04:23 AM
"Machete don't text....."

Worf