Cannot send PM [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cannot send PM

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Can one of the moderators make the site administrator aware that one cannot send PM. I have been trying since last night, and I just get an error message.

Thanks

JohnMichael
09-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Can one of the moderators make the site administrator aware that one cannot send PM. I have been trying since last night, and I just get an error message.

Thanks

Your mailbox is over it's limit. Delete some messages and PM at will.

GMichael
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Poor Will. What did he ever do to anyone?

09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Your mailbox is over it's limit. Delete some messages and PM at will.

I don't think the full PM box is the problem. I empty it and still got this message

There seems to have been a problem with the Audio & Video Equipment Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

JohnMichael
09-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't think the full PM box is the problem. I empty it and still got this message

There seems to have been a problem with the Audio & Video Equipment Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I tried to PM you and received the mailbox is full. I know when my sent and inbox messages combined are greater than 50 I have to bring the count below 50.

ForeverAutumn
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM
There have been other issues on the site in the last couple of weeks too.

Everytime I enter a post, I get a message saying that I have entered a duplicate post and have to wait 30 seconds before making a new post. Then if I hit enter, it counts down for the 30 seconds.

Because I keep hitting enter to make sure that my entry actually posts, the site will occasionaly post my entry twice.

09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I tried to PM you and received the mailbox is full. I know when my sent and inbox messages combined are greater than 50 I have to bring the count below 50.

I emptied my mailbox papa, and have received PM's from G and Hyfi, and was able to return them. But when I PM you, Geoff, or sticks, I get that error message.

Something is fishy(anyone have any tartar sauce?)..or errr..not working correctly here.

ForeverAutumn
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I emptied my mailbox papa, and have received PM's from G and Hyfi, and was able to return them. But when I PM you, Geoff, or sticks, I get that error message.

Something is fishy(anyone have any tartar sauce?)..or errr..not working correctly here.

Maybe the mods all have you on ignore. :hand:

GMichael
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Do we have that option?

I keed I keed.

09-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Ignore me...but why?(LOLOLOL). I just wanna be loved...:yesnod:

GMichael
09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Ignore me...but why?(LOLOLOL). I just wanna be loved...:yesnod:
Who's ready for some 9-ball?

RACK-EM!

JohnMichael
09-02-2010, 11:35 AM

I would never ignore Sir T and now I know he was not intentionally ignoring me. LOL

09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I would never ignore Sir T and now I know he was not intentionally ignoring me. LOL

I would never ignore you in a thousand years(do we get a chance to say that since we are dust about that time?).

Can you send me a PM again pleeeeeezeeee?:D

Geoffcin
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/Billiards.JPG

"You can break a rack OK daddy, but watch me break these moves!"

Geoffcin
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
What a cutie!

Geoffcin
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
OTOT;

OK I'll bite, who has dared to ignore the terrible one?

GMichael
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks.

Not me. I'd never ignore... uh... uhm..
Who were we ignoring again?

JohnMichael
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/Billiards.JPG

"You can break a rack OK daddy, but watch me break these moves!"

Breakin' moves and breaking hearts.

09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
It has now been two days, and I still cannot send an PM to a moderator, not one of them. I can send PM's all day to other members, but not to any moderator. No moderator has bothered to PM me to ask me what my issue is, so I am tempted to just post it here so as to get the issue resolved. I don't like to do things this way, but I don't like issues to fester either.

I have not been able to get a PM to the moderators since the issue with PS. I don't know what the issue is, but it is preventing me from resolving issues privately, where they should be discussed.

atomicAdam
09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry STTT - just saw this now - I will check out on Tuesday with engineering.

atomicAdam
09-04-2010, 07:11 PM
i checked your user set up - all seems normal - i can delete all your PMs if you'd like - maybe try that -

this is what i get when i look at your PM stats -

Folder Number of Messages
Sent Items 12
Inbox 13
Total 25
[Delete Private Messages]

LMK what you'd like to do - otherwise I will check on Tuesday with engineering

poppachubby
09-05-2010, 02:50 AM
No moderator has bothered to PM me to ask me what my issue is

Terrence, of course we haven't, your PM box is broken papi!!!!

Con ese idiota ido, lo que podría ser el problema?

09-06-2010, 08:24 AM
i checked your user set up - all seems normal - i can delete all your PMs if you'd like - maybe try that -

this is what i get when i look at your PM stats -

Folder Number of Messages
Sent Items 12
Inbox 13
Total 25
[Delete Private Messages]

LMK what you'd like to do - otherwise I will check on Tuesday with engineering

I am trying to send a message to one moderator in particular, but I keep coming back with a strange error message. John also tried to send a message to that particular moderator, and he also got the strange error message. If a moderator sends a message to me, I can respond to it. But if I try to send one to them(without them sending one first), I get the error message. Bizarre, but there it is.

09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Terrence, of course we haven't, your PM box is broken papi!!!!

Con ese idiota ido, lo que podría ser el problema?

I don't think my PM box is broken because I can actually receiver messages.

No es un problema con el idiota, pero una, sobre un puesto determinado, y cómo un moderador ciertos mal manejado.

atomicAdam
09-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I am trying to send a message to one moderator in particular, but I keep coming back with a strange error message. John also tried to send a message to that particular moderator, and he also got the strange error message. If a moderator sends a message to me, I can respond to it. But if I try to send one to them(without them sending one first), I get the error message. Bizarre, but there it is.

Which mod?

09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Which mod?

All of them. Apparently when a mod sends me a message, I can respond back. But I cannot send one directly to any of them.

atomicAdam
09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
hey STtT -

I'm still waiting for a response to this issue from anyone w/ more vB knowledge than I.

But I set you up in a secondary user group type.

Can you see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks
-adam