Vinyl Resting Place [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Resting Place

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I stole this from Progressive Ears to share here. An interesting option for your final remains.

http://www.andvinyly.com/

JohnMichael
08-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I stole this from Progressive Ears to share here. An interesting option for your final remains.

http://www.andvinyly.com/

Well I have already made my plans.

1. No religious ceremony.
2. Cremation
3. Open bar

Since I would rather buy my friends drinks I even thought of a way to forgo the urn. I have decided that my ashes should be equally distributed among my friends inside of little favor bags like the ones passed out at wedding receptions. This will allow everyone to spread my ashes in a place they find appropriate. Sure some will be at the adult bookstores. Some should be scattered on the flower beds of McDonalds' restaurants. A little at a winery would be fitting. Some may flush them down the toilet to remind me of the high school swirlies.

So for me I would rather not put money in the ground but pour it down my friends.

Oh and if I do need an urn I want the bottle from "I Dream of Jeannie". Of course before cremation I would also want the costume.

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I love that idea John! Can I have a little baggie for the Clown room at the Chicago Institute of Art? Thanks.

3LB
09-01-2010, 06:18 AM
that's awesome, except no one I know in my family still owns a TT.

I like JM's idea. Just have a party. I've been to enough funerals to know that I don't want to put anyone through that.

ForeverAutumn
09-01-2010, 06:28 AM
I've been to enough funerals to know that I don't want to put anyone through that.

I do. Cry for me, dammit. :incazzato:

Oh, all right. I like the party idea too. But after you've cried.

JohnMichael
09-01-2010, 09:09 AM
I do. Cry for me, dammit. :incazzato:

Oh, all right. I like the party idea too. But after you've cried.

I will mourn for you but no need for many years.

I have even chosen my theme song. Playing frequently during thel party will be the song from Wicked "No One Mourns The Wicked".

GMichael
09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Oh and if I do need an urn I want the bottle from "I Dream of Jeannie". Of course before cremation I would also want the costume.

And that's when my mind's eye went blank.

Here we are at JM's funer... I mean, goodbye party. Everyone is drunk off their a$$. Then 2 people climb in with the corps to give him a "proper goodbye." One starts rolling him over while the other........

Pandemonium ensues.

JohnMichael
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
And that's when my mind's eye went blank.

Here we are at JM's funer... I mean, goodbye party. Everyone is drunk off their a$$. Then 2 people climb in with the corps to give him a "proper goodbye." One starts rolling him over while the other........

Pandemonium ensues.

Sorry but at the party I will already be a little ashen. Of course if somone wants to open the favor bag and blow into my ashes that might be appreciated.

GMichael
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry but at the party I will already be a little ashen. Of course if somone wants to open the favor bag and blow into my ashes that might be appreciated.
What a mess that would make. I'd end up with ash in my face. How about if I scatter you to the wind over the tallest mountain I can find?

3LB
09-02-2010, 08:07 AM
How about if I scatter you to the wind over the tallest mountain I can find?
then you can recite (with a western drawl) the following:
"all we'll ever have is this mountain"