Which Rush video [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which Rush video

Mr Peabody
08-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I do not have a Rush video or really only a hand full of music video at all. I saw R30, Snakes & Arrows Tour & Beyond Lighted Stage exist on Blu-ray and want to pick one up but not sure which way to go. I mostly prefer older Rush. I haven't seen BTLS and wondered how many full songs are featured. R30 looks to cover a lot of older Rush but I really don't need the CD's. I want to see or buy BTLS any way for the documentary. This didn't seem to come out very coherent but any info you might have on these would help.

MasterCylinder
08-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Watch the schedules for Palladia or VH1 and get BTLS free on your TVR.

TheHills44060
08-30-2010, 05:52 AM
I have the Rush in Rio dvd and really like it. I don't really know any of their newer stuff but "Earthshine" on this dvd is amazing.

Mr Peabody
08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
A video/music store was having an outside sale Sunday so I stopped in. The stuff outside wasn't anything but I asked the guy and it turns out they did carry Blu and had Beyond The Lighted Stage for like $19.99. Can you say impulse purchase. This is a great documentary. It was cool to see how they started and now what their hobbies are, and what they were thinking and doing when each album was released. Much better than most Rock documentaries where kids make it big, get hooked on drugs, crash & burn. Not much full songs so still going to pick up a concert. Odd thing, I always liked Rush, buying their LP's back in school but seeing them in concert upped my fan status to a higher level.

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I've bought them all for Hubby at various Christmas's but I haven't watched them all. He has. His advice is R30. It was their 30-yr anniversary and, he says, is the most all-encompassing of the various disks with the most variety of older tunes.

Mr MidFi
08-31-2010, 01:55 PM
I have the one in Rio. It features one of the most enthusiastic audiences I can recall seeing. But... R30 is in hi-def. That's hard to argue against.

Mr Peabody
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the improved sound of Blu is nice.