Thought I'd share this (Warning: Redneck Humor!) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share this (Warning: Redneck Humor!)

manlystanley
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
My hip replacement is in three days (this Tuesday). My friends have been giving me advice about what to do with the leg bone ball (e.g. femer). The advice that I have received so far is:

-- Use it to make a cane from (e.g. the round top part.)
-- Put it in a pickle jar on top of the living room coffee table (make a great conversation piece).
-- Sell it on e-bay.
-- Bring it home for the dog.

Umm.... Any more ideas?

Best Regards,
Stan

Feanor
08-28-2010, 01:25 PM
My hip replacement is in three days (this Tuesday). My friends have been giving me advice about what to do with the leg bone ball (e.g. femer). The advice that I have received so far is:

-- Use it to make a cane from (e.g. the round top part.)
-- Put it in a pickle jar on top of the living room coffee table (make a great conversation piece).
-- Sell it on e-bay.
-- Bring it home for the dog.

Umm.... Any more ideas?

Best Regards,
Stan
Don't give it to the dog: he might like it so well he'll come back for more!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Don't give it to the dog: he might like it so well he'll come back for more!

Or he/she will just throw it up like my dog does.....

Worf101
08-30-2010, 03:54 AM
I say git your gris gris on. Hip bone cane handle would be powerfull mojo on my side of town. That's the only way to go in my book.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2010, 05:37 AM
First off, good luck with your surgery and recovery.

I have to say that I like the cane idea. You could always split the bone and file it down into a nice set of five dice. Then start an underground craps game to give you something to do while rehabilitating.

JSE
08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
If you're into classic hot rods, it would make a mean gear shift knob?

Mount it on a Keg Tap handle in you're into home brewing. Call it "Hip Stout"?

Make it the door knob to your front door? That would freak some people out. :biggrin5:

3LB
08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
keep it in your underwear

the answers to most questions would be:

oh this? its my bone
yes, its real
yes, its all me

GMichael
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Make a giant pot of soup and invite the whole family over.

08-30-2010, 03:03 PM

oh this? its my bone
yes, its real
yes, its all me

Oh no you dent!!!:eek:

Worf101
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM

oh this? its my bone
yes, its real
yes, its all me
Well play sir... well played.

Worf

luvtolisten
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM

oh this? its my bone
yes, its real
yes, its all me

Be sure to place it in front.
Placing it in back is much less desirable.
Especially when you walk into a room and announce to that special someone : "I'm carrying a little something extra for you today".

08-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Especially when you walk into a room and announce to that special someone : "I'm carrying a little something extra for you today".

LTL, that is just nasty!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

markw
08-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Kinda gives new meaning to the term "boner", doesn't it?

3LB
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
point well taken

however, I think I'd defer to GM's soup idea - could you imagine the air taken out of a room if he did that for joke? I'd pay to see that.

BTW: here's hoping you have an uneventful operation and speedy recovery, Manly, seeing that today is "the day".

manlystanley
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm back, new hip and all. They would not give me the hip bone, they said it had go to the lap to determine if I have anything like: bone caner, etc.

Too bad, I loved JSE's idea about using a gear shift. Great way to have no one want to borrow my truck....

Well, I can't do any real work for 6 weeks......Yuk... So, the preamp project is on hold.

Best Regards,
Stan

luvtolisten
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome back Stan! I hope the lab tests come back with a clean bill of health and you're back to you're 'ol self before the 6 weeks.

GMichael
09-03-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm back, new hip and all. They would not give me the hip bone, they said it had go to the lap to determine if I have anything like: bone caner, etc.

Too bad, I loved JSE's idea about using a gear shift. Great way to have no one want to borrow my truck....

Well, I can't do any real work for 6 weeks......Yuk... So, the preamp project is on hold.

Best Regards,
Stan

Glad you are back and doing well. Good luck with the hehab.
One of companies owners just had the same opp and is in hehab too. He came in to visit us Monday fir the first time.

manlystanley
09-03-2010, 07:45 AM
It's too bad that I only have two hips, a guy could get into this. I have my two little girls (ages 7 and 9) running around the house all excised to get anything I want. Then they were upset that they missed my last call so they brought me a bell to ring.

Then my wive and parents in law are downstairs making Chinese dumplings (supposedly it's good for post surgery recovery). I'll need to find a way to string this out beyond 6 weeks.....

Best Regards,
Stan