Hi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

crgs
08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
I would like some help to make a decision between a MARANTZ SR6003 and ONKYO TX-NR807, both at the same price ( $ 499 ) sold at accesories4less.
Thanks.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I would like some help to make a decision between a MARANTZ SR6003 and ONKYO TX-NR807, both at the same price ( $ 499 ) sold at accesories4less.
Thanks.

I like Onyko products a lot, but on this one I would go with the Marantz. Having two HDMI outs allows the receiver to send one output to a projector, and another to a smaller plasma or LCD television. That is rare in a receiver, and since both of these receivers are pretty comparable in features, this takes the Marantz over the top for me. It can also handle DSD, so SACD will sound terrific on this receiver.

In my book, the Marantz is the winner this time.(sorry Onkyo)

GMichael
08-26-2010, 09:51 AM
You would be very happy with either one.

Mr Peabody
08-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd say it depends on where your priorities lay. The DSD, decoding for SACD delivered via HDMI, would be a nice feature if you have or even interested in SACD. You can get a Marantz universal player or the Oppo both which would play SACD. The Marantz should have a warmer sound than the Onkyo.

The Onkyo I feel would have a stronger amp section being able to deliver more current than the Marantz. This would give the Onkyo a punchier bass with more control. Also, better if you have 4 ohm or difficult speaker loads. If your using this mostly for home theater and using a sub the additional bass kick may not be that important.