Multiple screen names [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple screen names

JohnMichael
08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
As some of you know I have asked members to stop using multiple screen names. Since I have asked a few I wanted to ask everyone to use only one screen name. We have had members using the names to give rep points more frequently than a member with only one screen name. We have had times when a member was asking and answering his posts with his multiple screen names. I know some have forgotten passwords and signed in with a similar screen name and never used the old screen name again. Please decide on only one name to use.

TheHills44060
08-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Is there a way to change your current screen name without having to create a new account? I had asked this earlier but never really got an answer.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=34596

JohnMichael
08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Is there a way to change your current screen name without having to create a new account? I had asked this earlier but never really got an answer.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=34596

You would need the help of an admin to change your screen name. Have you asked Adam?

3LB
08-25-2010, 05:36 AM
...uh, you left the part out about how you'll suspend them if they don't...just saying

Well, the count is in and it looks like I'll stick with 3LB.

Sorry if I confused anyone, but yes 3LB, 3LockBox and 3-LockBox are all indeed the same poster. Yes I did play Johnny Appleseed with rep points using all three screen names, so unfortunately, all of you that received rep from me will be required to return those grey chicklets (I think they're worth 2 points) ;) No, I did not carry on conversations betwix the three screen names because that's just screwy, and it makes the voices in my head jealous. **Yes I did post SMPTe under my moniker because I was merely trying to raise awareness for one of my fave albums, but they're are some real prog haters here.

**(or maybe not so much)

ForeverAutumn
08-25-2010, 05:40 AM
You sure you want to go with 3pound?

GMichael
08-25-2010, 06:09 AM
So, there were 3, 3's? Why not just call yourself 9?

3LB
08-25-2010, 07:39 AM
hhmmm.... 9LockBox

that gives me an idea for new screen name!

or not

FA, you can call me Mr. Lee

ForeverAutumn
08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
I just noticed your Location! LMAO!

dean_martin
08-25-2010, 09:42 AM
What if you have a note from your doctor?

GMichael
08-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Saying what? That you have more than one personality so you need more than one screen name so that you can fight with the other yous online. If all your yous were to fight in person, things could get ugly?

dean_martin
08-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Saying what? That you have more than one personality so you need more than one screen name so that you can fight with the other yous online. If all your yous were to fight in person, things could get ugly?

You should be more sensitive towards him. I think he's crying now. Besides, we don't fight all the time.

GMichael
08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
You should be more sensitive towards him. I think he's crying now. Besides, we don't fight all the time.
Give him a cookie, some milk and send him to bed. Tell him I'm sorry and I'll be there to tell him a bedtime story later.

Joe_Carr
08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
One problem I' am having is not being able to use my dustin_broke@hotmail.com e-mail address as main on my Joe_Carr one since if I try to do this it says that it's already been used. I had to use my Ymail e-mail address instead but I wish I could change my e-mail and use the dustin_broke@hotmail.com on my Joe_Carr one.

Joe_Carr
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I do know that on my forums I can change other members e-mail address or delete there account and even change there screen name. So I would assume the admin of this site can do this also.

There is one thing I would like to ask though is what is the difference between Super Moderators and Moderators? On my forums I can give a member to be a Super Mod or just a Mod. Maybe you guys will not what does both do.

Hyfi
08-27-2010, 03:35 AM
I do know that on my forums I can change other members e-mail address or delete there account and even change there screen name. So I would assume the admin of this site can do this also.

There is one thing I would like to ask though is what is the difference between Super Moderators and Moderators? On my forums I can give a member to be a Super Mod or just a Mod. Maybe you guys will not what does both do.

Spanky, when did you become an Audiophile? Is Logitech making Audiophile Laptop Speakers now?

JohnMichael
08-27-2010, 04:37 AM

As a SuperModerator I wear tights and a cape.

bfalls
08-27-2010, 05:01 AM

I have one signed Epstein's mom.

GMichael
08-27-2010, 05:15 AM
As a SuperModerator I wear tights and a cape.

..can leap tall towers in a single bound. Faster than a speeding sine wave. Can stop clipping with just a look.

3LB
08-27-2010, 05:51 AM
GM, what's a leter?

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2010, 05:54 AM
GM, what's a leter?

He has a bunch of letters...but evidently not enough to make a whole word.

GMichael
08-27-2010, 06:05 AM
GM, what's a leter?
About 1/4 of a gallon?

GMichael
08-27-2010, 06:07 AM
He has a bunch of letters...but evidently not enough to make a whole word.
For some reason, I feel insulted, but I don't know why.

atomicAdam
08-29-2010, 03:41 PM
If you have screen named request/email request - send to me - I can make the changes happen.

adam@audioreview.com

TheHills44060
08-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Thanks Adam. Just sent you an email request.

TheHills44060
09-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Any luck yet atomicAdam?