Got a used receiver and JBL speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Got a used receiver and JBL speakers

Joe_Carr
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I did find a Pioneer VSX-454 4 channel receiver for $20 at Goodwill store and I also did win an auction for the JBL N26 speakers for $79.77 with shipping. I just won this today but I hope when I get them and connect them to my receiver this will overall sound better than the Philips MMS321 I have.

JohnMichael
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Congrats and I hope you like the new equipment.

Joe_Carr
08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
As you know I always been a JBL fan so of cource I get JBL speakers but too bad I can't afford something like the JBL ES10 at least or even the ES20 which is better. Ya I noticed JBL speakers are more expensive for there current line. Of cource if I get used pair them I can get them cheaper.

Joe_Carr
08-23-2010, 04:15 PM
I use to own the JBL S26 which was super speaker but I don't have them anymore and also I don't see them sold on Ebay alot. I think also they cost more too. But I have seen the JBL S38 which I had once but sold them which I should of not done since those were amazing speakers. But maybe someday when I save enough I can find a JBL Studio Series speakers for good deal on Ebay or so.

Joe_Carr
08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I am supprised about this but there was a cooling fan on the back of the receiver. I never seen receivers like these kinds that have a fan. Usualy they don't have a cooling fan but is it better to have one?

dakatabg
08-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I am supprised about this but there was a cooling fan on the back of the receiver. I never seen receivers like these kinds that have a fan. Usualy they don't have a cooling fan but is it better to have one?

It is always better to have one! I have seen Technics to use fans on the back but not and Pioneer

dakatabg
08-23-2010, 05:54 PM
By the way I used to have exactly the same receiver! It has good sound and it is powerful so it should go good with your JBL speakers! It has for surround too!

Joe_Carr
08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Well most of the receivers I had in the past I think just had a open vent on the top and alot of heat sinks. But is that normaly for most? Why would you say it's better to have the fan? Also what if in the future the fan goes out? Then you can't use the receiver anymore right? Are the fans replaceable?

blackraven
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Fan or heat sink, it does not matter. I have a 55lb Adcom AVR with a list price of $2,000 and it has 5 fans. I also have a 60lb $2,200 Parasound amp that uses massive heat sinks. They both work.

And fans can be replaced!.

Don't worry and just sit back and enjoy your first real decent receiver!

Joe_Carr
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Is there anyone that is selling a pair of the JBL N26 grilles? The one I got has 3 small holes and one has a broken pin. But they still hold together but I was wondeirng if someone is selling a clean good grilles.

Thanks