Pick your favorite Dirty Harry film. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pick your favorite Dirty Harry film.

PeruvianSkies
08-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Let us know which of the five films is your favorite and why....

RGA
08-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Do you feel lucky punk? That's why I selected it.

Personally I liked the ones with the Clyde. The one where Clint says "Right turn Clyde" and Clyde(orangutan) punches the motorcycle gang in the head and he falls over knocking down the other cyclists like dominos. I always forget the title but that's the one I like best from his cheeseball movie days.

3LockBox
08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I liked the one where he says, "God this stuff isn't getting to me - the shootings, the knifings, the beatings. Old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks. Nah that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me? You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody - I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

actually, I liked the first one. The one's that preceded tried too hard hard to out-do it for violent content. By the time Sudden Impact came out, the scripts started reflecting the ethos of the hard-justice Reagan era and Dirty Harry was a caricature of himself, much like Charles Bronson's Paul Kersey character from the Death Wish series.

In what movie does this exchange happen (as Eastwood's character commandeers a motorcycle):
Biker: "hey, that's my bike Jack!"
Clint: "this is my gun, Clyde."

3LockBox
08-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Personally I liked the ones with the Clyde. The one where Clint says "Right turn Clyde" and Clyde(orangutan) punches the motorcycle gang in the head and he falls over knocking down the other cyclists like dominos. I always forget the title but that's the one I like best from his cheeseball movie days.
those were goofy fun, but I liked Bronco Billy, which Eastwood gleefully pokes fun at himself and a whole passel of badass wannabes, before, during and since.

PeruvianSkies
08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
those were goofy fun, but I liked Bronco Billy, which Eastwood gleefully pokes fun at himself and a whole passel of badass wannabes, before, during and since.

Sounds like I need a new thread regarding Eastwood and his various characters, film-types, and those projects he directed/starred. I think those could all be grouped fairly well in some ways....

Troy
08-22-2010, 10:14 PM
The first one's the best by a considerable margin, but I have a sentimental soft spot for Magnum Force, the second Harry flick, as well. After that they declined rapidly into parody.