Fleetwood Mac discovery... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac discovery...

PeruvianSkies
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Years ago when Fleetwood Mac released their album SAY YOU WILL, I was immediately fascinated with the cover of the album as it looked vaguely familiar. I loved the album and knew that I had seen that cover somewhere before.... it dawned on me not too long after that, it also served as the cover for one of my favorite films DOUBLE SUICIDE, check the artwork out for yourself.....

As if someone out there wouldn't recognize this obscure movie reference!

thekid
08-21-2010, 03:23 AM
not familair with either till I saw your post but I agree they are very similar.

Geoffcin
08-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Years ago when Fleetwood Mac released their album SAY YOU WILL, I was immediately fascinated with the cover of the album as it looked vaguely familiar. I loved the album and knew that I had seen that cover somewhere before.... it dawned on me not too long after that, it also served as the cover for one of my favorite films DOUBLE SUICIDE, check the artwork out for yourself.....

As if someone out there wouldn't recognize this obscure movie reference!

That was also my first album in DVD-Audio. I was one of their early-adopters and I think I have somewhere around 20 DVD-Audio disks in my collection. A shame they didn't catch on.

rakeford
08-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Say you will" is a great set- even my Redbook CD sounds great.

Geoffcin
08-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Say you will" is a great set- even my Redbook CD sounds great.

Yes, just goes to show you it's less about the medium and more about the recording. I believe this was recorded and mastered by Lindsey himself. On DVD-Audio it's nothing short of a stunning recording.

PeruvianSkies
08-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, just goes to show you it's less about the medium and more about the recording. I believe this was recorded and mastered by Lindsey himself. On DVD-Audio it's nothing short of a stunning recording.

Too bad that DVD-A claims on the back that it has a DTS track, but in fact it doesn't. Still a fine recording in MLP, or as others mentioned...a good redbook.

3LB
08-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I have Say You Will and I think its an over compressed mess. One of a handful of CDs I own which I like the material (Rush:Vapor Trails) but the recording keeps me from being able listen to it.

Geoffcin
08-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I have Say You Will and I think its an over compressed mess. One of a handful of CDs I own which I like the material (Rush:Vapor Trails) but the recording keeps me from being able listen to it.

Lucky you. About 1/2 off all the CD's I've ever bought are pretty much un-listenable. Blame the engineers for compressing it so it sounds best in a car with a 80dB noise floor.

3LB
08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Lucky you. About 1/2 off all the CD's I've ever bought are pretty much un-listenable. Blame the engineers for compressing it so it sounds best in a car with a 80dB noise floor.
I say that and I'm far from picky. You have to really f'up a recording for me to be bothered by it. Buckingham's last two solo albums are like that too. Ironic, since his Out Of The Cradle album from '90 is pretty much a reference CD for me.

PeruvianSkies
08-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I say that and I'm far from picky. You have to really f'up a recording for me to be bothered by it. Buckingham's last two solo albums are like that too. Ironic, since his Out Of The Cradle album from '90 is pretty much a reference CD for me.

I completely agree on the OUT OF THE CRADLE album as a great reference CD. Loads of great material there to really showcase various aspects of any system. Good call.

3-LockBox
08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I completely agree on the OUT OF THE CRADLE album as a great reference CD. Loads of great material there to really showcase various aspects of any system. Good call.I remember being floored by this album, with regards to sound quality. The last time I was that impressed with the sound quality of a pop/rock album woulda been Donald ***en's The Night Fly, though, Thomas Dolby's Aliens Ate My Buick was also a superb recording from around the same period.