Recent viewings [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recent viewings

Hyfi
08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Up In The Air **with Clooney was ok but the end left me wanting a better outcome. I guess it was meant to be that way to show how life turns out sometimes. There is also a scene where Vera Farmiga gets into bed naked with Clooney and after googling some pics of her I would bet it was a body double. If it was her, she was smoking.

You Don’t Know Jack **** staring Al Pacino was very well done but I guess due to the content did not draw a big crowd. I felt it was good to see the side of the story that the media did not give us. Assisted suicide is still a big issue as well as self inflicted suicide so this movie raises good awareness. Why is it OK to put your dog or cat to sleep when terminally ill but not a human making the decision for themselves?

Alice in Wonderland ***was a decent Disney flick with some good effects. Mia Wasikowska plays the best part in this one and is believable doing it. I was not so pleased with Johnny Depps’s role as it was not much more than a runover of his Willy Wonka act.

The Lovely Bones **** I may have commented on this one before but we watched it again with friends. Peter Jackson just makes great movies. This is so well done I could watch it over and over. I’m glad they opted to leave the rape-murder scene to the imagination since many people could not even finish the book after that chapter.

Extraordinary Measures **** with Brendan Fraser and Harrison Ford is another awesome movie. This may be my favorite HF movie as he plays a part that reminds you of Clint in Gran Torino. Touching real life story about Pompeii disease which is a rare form of MD. Fraser has also matured into a very believable actor with almost any role from serious to comedy.

Worf101
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Of all your reviews I've only watched Up in the Air and You don't know Jack. I enjoyed Clooney's up in the air the best. He's morphed from "pretty boy" TV heart throb actor to perhaps the Cary Grant of our times. He can be funny, crazy, witty, charming, sexy and serious when he has too. And he can flat out act. I love the guy.

Pacino in Jack was marvelous. He can act when he want's too. I'm surprised at your take on Extraodinary Measures. The trailer of that movie was one of the worst ever done and clearly put a lot of people off the film as it played out like a Hallmark T.V. snooze fest. Based upon your recommendation I make give it a second look.

Worf

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Alice in Wonderland ***was a decent Disney flick with some good effects. Mia Wasikowska plays the best part in this one and is believable doing it. I was not so pleased with Johnny Depps’s role as it was not much more than a runover of his Willy Wonka act.

If you read the original book, you will find that Willy Wonka and the Mad Hatter had a lot in common.

Hyfi
08-21-2010, 06:10 AM
The trailer of that movie was one of the worst ever done and clearly put a lot of people off the film as it played out like a Hallmark T.V. snooze fest. Based upon your recommendation I make give it a second look.

Worf

Keep in mind that I don't usually care for Harrison Ford. Whenever I see him all I see is Indiana Jones or the Fugitive, no matter what the movie is. This one he plays a different kind of part.

I also just watched Letters To God which was a tissue toting Hallmark like movie. Great message but Christianity pushed a bit over the top. I guess on the lines of Left Behind type brainwashing. Other than that it was pretty good if you like spiritual messages in movies.

PeruvianSkies
08-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Keep in mind that I don't usually care for Harrison Ford. Whenever I see him all I see is Indiana Jones or the Fugitive, no matter what the movie is. This one he plays a different kind of part.

I also just watched Letters To God which was a tissue toting Hallmark like movie. Great message but Christianity pushed a bit over the top. I guess on the lines of Left Behind type brainwashing. Other than that it was pretty good if you like spiritual messages in movies.

I am not really a fan of him either, I just re-watched FRANTIC for the first time in years the other day and it became apparent that he's been playing the same character for over 20 years now.