Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Sex Pistols v. Minor Threat/Fugazi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Sex Pistols v. Minor Threat/Fugazi

mad rhetorik
04-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Match 1, Punk Division: <b>Sex Pistols v. Minor Threat/Fugazi</b>

Polls close 4/9.

Stone
04-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Not much of a contest for me as far as who I listen to more. Even if we're talking Minor Threat only (which would be a more fair constest, based on the era they were around and the amount of output), it's still no contest.

And let's not forget Embrace, sandwiched in between Minor Threat and Fugazi.

Dusty Chalk
04-07-2004, 12:04 PM
No contest -- the Sex Pistols are no-talent harbingers of ...oh, I don't know, something...compared to Fugazi. And that's a bad thing.

nobody
04-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I can't believe those no sex havin' - no drinkin' - no drug takin' , please and thank you panseys are in the lead. Sorry...had to say it. I blame Minor Threat for Straight Edge boring environmentalist politically correct punks. Therefore, the Sex Pistols should mop the floor with them.

Besides, Never Mind the Bullocks us way more fun to listen to than anything ever to come out of Dischord House. And, the Pistols were exponientally more influential to a generation of bands.

This is absolutely no contest to me.

skewiff
04-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Sex Pistols

Tony

mad rhetorik
04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
As it stands right now, it's about a half-hour away from the polls closing, and the Sex Pistols and Minor Threat/Fugazi are in a dead heat for this match. Get your vote in, or I may have to resort to a tiebreaking measure.

BTW, once all the first matches have concluded, I'll name all the winners, and then all the bands participating in Match 2 (the Mini-Shootouts will have already completed both matches). So far, The Shins, Guided By Voices, Jane's Addiction, and Nirvana are all moving on to the next round. It appears that Echo & The Bunnymen, The Smiths, and The Stone Roses are set to win, but the polls are still open for another half-hour. Get your votes in quick if you haven't already.

mad rhetorik
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Sex Pistols

Tony

Skewiff didn't vote officially, but since we have a tie between the two bands and the polls are closed I'll have to go with his implied vote. That leaves the <b>Sex Pistols</b> to advance to the next round.

Next matchups due after Easter Sunday.