9 Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
10 Lights
11 Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
12 Open Arms
13 Girl Can't Help It
14 Send Her My Love
15 Be Good To Yourself
16 When You Love A Woman

This record will be spinning for long long time!

bobsticks
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
...Lotta classic radio songs on that one.

So much of this material has been remastered and is so familiar to the listening public that
I would be interested in hearing someone's take on a shootout between a remastered cd, the original cd ad a nice slab of vinyl.

dakatabg
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I know but it is different on a record :)

bobsticks
08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Different tracklists?

PeruvianSkies
08-13-2010, 09:31 PM
...Lotta classic radio songs on that one.

So much of this material has been remastered and is so familiar to the listening public that
I would be interested in hearing someone's take on a shootout between a remastered cd, the original cd ad a nice slab of vinyl.

They were a very good group, excellent vocals and some memorable guitar leads, etc, but they were and are so overplayed on radio that ....well.....no one really takes them seriously anymore. Although Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) has that killer synth part that will always go down as one of their best tunes.

dakatabg
08-13-2010, 09:37 PM
I know they overplay the Separate Ways and Don't Stop Believing but I am still not sick of listening to them!

Mr Peabody
08-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm a big Journey fan but mostly the material from Escape back. Dak Journey is one of those groups you really need to buy the whole album in my opinion, look out for Infinity and Evolution. But if you really like the Pop side of Journey, the later years, the early albums may not appeal to you so much. I never thought Journey was produced very well and was surprised one day to see Mobile Fidelity LP's from the group. If some one is a Fusion/Jam Rock fan you may be interested in Journey's first 3 albums done before Steve Perry joined the band, some very good material there. I have to confess I really like Greg Rollies playing of the keys though on the early albums. Dak in case you didn't know Rollie and Neal Schon played with Santana on their first couple albums.

02audionoob
08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Big agreement on Journey's Infinity and Evolution. Maybe throw in Departure. Journey has been through at least four distinct phases that I can think of - pre-Perry, the 1st three albums with Perry, the move from album-rock to radio-ready singles, and of course post-Perry. Only the 1st two phases suit my tastes, although I saw them with their latest singer and enjoyed the show.

Mr Peabody
08-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Departure was good and just that, interesting stuff on there. Good performance by Perry too. I like songs on there like Crying, and Falling that never made the radio.

3LB
08-14-2010, 05:54 PM
that Sepereate Ways video was so lame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA&feature=av2e

the first three (really, maybe just the first two) albums are all the Journey I'll ever need

Stone
08-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh where oh where has the old board gone.....

Smokey
08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Journey probably got one of the best drummer (Steve Smith) in the music business. Just listen to drums on the song Separate Ways for a good system work out :)

3LB
08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Journey probably got one of the best drummer (Steve Smith) in the music business. Just listen to drums on the song Separate Ways for a good system work out :)better than Ansley Dunbar?

3LB
08-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh where oh where has the old board gone.....that's why you gots only one chicklet fooo!

3-LockBox
08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
that's why you gots only one chicklet fooo!

whoops, somebody done gone and give you another greenie!

Hey, at least it isn't a Night Ranger thread:p

Stone
08-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll take "Sister Christian" any day of the week over "Separate Ways."

02audionoob
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Remember "What About Me?" by Moving Pictures?

Mr Peabody
08-15-2010, 02:03 PM
How about Toy Soldiers by Markita?

bobsticks
08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
How about Toy Soldiers by Markita?

Some great drum tracks on that one :D

Smokey
08-15-2010, 07:00 PM
better than Ansley Dunbar?

By listening to Journey albums when Dunbar was drummer (pre 1978) and comparing drum work with Steve Smith as being the dummer after "78, I would say yes. Steve drum work just have more bites and presence.