Infinity Kappa 6s for $275? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Kappa 6s for $275?

Swish
08-13-2010, 08:27 AM
I lost my bid to buy the Klipsch speakers the other day (long story) but found this pair that is need of new foam around the woofers, but those kits are cheap and these speakers have a great reputation. My only reluctance, and this could be petty, is the light oak cabinets. My equipment, plasma and stand are all black, so I'm thinking they may look odd. Perhaps I could refinish them? That may ruin their future appeal if I were to sell them, but I doubt I would bother.

Even with the foam issue, I think they're a steal. What say you?

Swishbaby

bobsticks
08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
There have been several iterations of the six series. Are these the original monitors and are stands included?

Swish
08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
There have been several iterations of the six series. Are these the original monitors and are stands included?

Claims he bought them new. Wife just had a baby so he was parting with a bunch of stuff, and I believe him. My first call to him was cut short because the child was screaming.

Again, my concern isn't so much with the foam as that's an easy fix. Am I being too fussy with the desire for black speakers to match my components?

bobsticks
08-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Again, my concern isn't so much with the foam as that's an easy fix. Am I being too fussy with the desire for black speakers to match my components?

Yes..yes you are. Given your self-imposed price constraints and your sonic proclivities this may be the the pair that you wanna "go for", given that you're willing to do a lil' refurb work.

..btw, the wood grain on these units is often (but not always) excellent but just below "furniture grade"...your aesthetic concerns are a non-issue...