Snag! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Snag!

hifitommy
08-12-2010, 03:24 PM
i've got some spinning of my own to do:

i went to freak beat records in sherman oaks and fingered through all the one dollar (LP) records and found GOLD.
first, a russian melodiya copy of.....frankie goes to hollywood-liverpool!
who'd a thunk it?
strunz and farah-mosaico
a sextet of ECMs, three from john abercrombie:
'quartet'
'current events' and
'characters'
ralph towner-solo concert
steve eliovson-dawn dance-with colin wolcott and
chick corea/miroslav vitous/roy haynes-trio music live in europe
harold land/bobby hutcherson/blue mitchell/joe sample/stanley clarke/ and others-on mainstream #408-no title.
jon lucein-song for my lady
l.subramaniam-indian express (great personnel list)
heath brothers-in motion
bud shank-windmills of your mind-arr by michel legrand
yama****a/winwood/shrieve-go
al grey-struttin' and shoutin'
copland conducts copland-appalachian spring/lincoln portrait
pierre boulez cond NYPhil-falla three cornered hat (and a harpsichord concerto w/igor kipnis).
prokofiev symphony #5 op100-jacha horenstein w/concerts colonne orch.
plus tax and a dollar in the parking meter ($1 per hr on ventura blvd) and worth more than every penny! ALL in good shape!

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
yama****a/winwood/shrieve-go

What did that say? YamaSH*ITa? YamaFU*CKa? Funny the system blocked it.

ECM LPs are a real teasure Tommy. I posted not too long ago regarding that topic. They always sound fantastic and are pressed great. Their line up is also top shelf.

Enjoy buddy...

hifitommy
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
that the sequence of letters in a NAME can be blocked by a computer program! that is a common Japanese name.

anyway, i felt negligent not buying the michael franks-objects of desire-record today but i already have it. there are many like that where i already have the disc. i will admit to buying a second copy so i didnt have to look for the other one.

bobsticks
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
That's a nice take there Tommy!

I agree that the ECMs are quite a find but if you and I were kickin' back with a beverage and enjoying some tunes when it became my pick we'd be travellin' to Harold's Land. Very nice and (I'm assuming) a rarity.