To the Moderators [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : To the Moderators

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I tried my best to handle this privately, but the private messege function does not seem to be working on this website right now.

Geoff, Sticks, AA
PeruvianSky has decided that it is cool to mock me using my certifications in his profile. While this may seem like an innocent attempt at humor, it has some very serious implications that can involve the website.

Both MPSE and SMPTE take their certifications very seriously. They do not like people who are not certified to post any reference they are, even jokingly. A person on Blu ray.com did the same thing, and I reported it to MPSE committee immediately. The representative came to Blu ray.com and asked the gentleman to either prove his credentials, or remove them. When the poster thought it was a joke, the Rep went to the website itself and threaten to sue it for allowing a fraudulent certification posting on their website.

This is a serious matter, and while I don't care about the mocking, I do not want the website in trouble because a stupid individual likes to play stupid games. I have no problem doing to PS what I did to the other gentleman, and I would not hesitate a moment to do it. I am giving you guys as a moderators a heads up before I commence to reporting it.

In the best interest of the website, it would be good if you asked him to remove it before it results in things getting out of hand. This is not a veiled threat, it is a direct one, and removing my posting won't change that dynamic one bit.

Thanks all

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Clearly this is a matter for Adam, unless of course, PSkies sees this and does the right thing.

I will email him, and make him aware immediately. Allow for some red tape please Terrence.

Geoffcin
08-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I asked him politely to change it. I assume he will do so, especially if it means that he will be banned from the boards.

JohnMichael
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
He has not done the right thing yet.

kexodusc
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
That's cause he's mailing you his credentials....

Mr Peabody
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Does the letters under Pskies name really mean anything? By him displaying it should we assume he is certified? If I put MD at the end of my name or Dr. in front will the AMA or perhaps the ACLU come and ask me for my certificates? Maybe he's just advertising for them. Every one shows their gear, should we assume we work for those companies? Are the letters trademarked? You all are threatening big measures, I just hope one of you might actually know the answers to my questions. It would seem a corporation, association or who ever they are would have better things to do than worry about somebody displaying their acronum some where. Pskies could claim the letters stand for something else.

I understand some what how Sir T may be upset as he probably had to do something to say he is certified but it seems it could have been handled better. I'm sure all the PM isn't down if ST really wanted it handled privately. The attitude and display of threats reminds me of a little brat. "I'm telling mommy" It's obvious you mods cater to Sir T for some reason and he is probably responsible for running more people off this board than any other member. So it's not really clear to me what your job is. I have refrained from having any problems with Sir T in quite some time, we had a recent exchange but I didn't take it serious and it pales in comparison to other exchanges he had with members here. Sir T is plainly a bully and if any action is taken at all it should be done fairly. I wasn't involved so I don't know all of Pskies history. I know he don't have many fans either. However, whenever there is a flame war going on Sir T is always in the middle of it and you all can't deny it and I don't understand why you ignore it. Look at the pages and pages of heated exchange between Sir T and Nightflier, and Groundbeef, neither of which have posted here in ages, I can't say why but you have to wonder. Look at the post about dual centers, Sir T lit into that guy right off, a brand new member. I doubt we ever see him again. If things were fair here in moderating some one should have put T on a leash a long time ago.

I do not want for any one to be banned not even Sir T. What I would hope for is FAIRNESS. If this is an exclusive board and some of us aren't welcome then you should make it known. There should be mutual respect and courtesy amongst ALL members if all are welcome.

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 04:40 PM
You all are threatening big measures

You all?

I wasn't involved so I don't know all of Pskies history

Interesting.

markw
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
P, those "letters" are hard-earned. This is really no different from some asswipe proudly walking around with an un-earned presidental medal of honor he bought in a pawn shop.

Geoffcin
08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I can only offer you my assurance that I try to remain impartial.

FWIW; I've both edited, and deleted posts of TT that I've found objectionable. In addition I've warned him several times about personal attacks.

PS has also had issues with some of the mods here but not me personally, so I have no reason to take sides against him.

I do agree with you that this whole thing was kind of childish. I'm hoping it goes away quickly.

JohnMichael
08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Pskies has edited the faux credentials. I work in healthcare as an STNA and I would never claim to be an RN and I quickly correct anyone who calls me a nurse. I did not do the work and was not tested to see if I qualified. I think anyone who claims false certification is pretty low.

PeruvianSkies
08-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Does the letters under Pskies name really mean anything? By him displaying it should we assume he is certified? If I put MD at the end of my name or Dr. in front will the AMA or perhaps the ACLU come and ask me for my certificates? Maybe he's just advertising for them. Every one shows their gear, should we assume we work for those companies? Are the letters trademarked? You all are threatening big measures, I just hope one of you might actually know the answers to my questions. It would seem a corporation, association or who ever they are would have better things to do than worry about somebody displaying their acronum some where. Pskies could claim the letters stand for something else.

I understand some what how Sir T may be upset as he probably had to do something to say he is certified but it seems it could have been handled better. I'm sure all the PM isn't down if ST really wanted it handled privately. The attitude and display of threats reminds me of a little brat. "I'm telling mommy" It's obvious you mods cater to Sir T for some reason and he is probably responsible for running more people off this board than any other member. So it's not really clear to me what your job is. I have refrained from having any problems with Sir T in quite some time, we had a recent exchange but I didn't take it serious and it pales in comparison to other exchanges he had with members here. Sir T is plainly a bully and if any action is taken at all it should be done fairly. I wasn't involved so I don't know all of Pskies history. I know he don't have many fans either. However, whenever there is a flame war going on Sir T is always in the middle of it and you all can't deny it and I don't understand why you ignore it. Look at the pages and pages of heated exchange between Sir T and Nightflier, and Groundbeef, neither of which have posted here in ages, I can't say why but you have to wonder. Look at the post about dual centers, Sir T lit into that guy right off, a brand new member. I doubt we ever see him again. If things were fair here in moderating some one should have put T on a leash a long time ago.

I do not want for any one to be banned not even Sir T. What I would hope for is FAIRNESS. If this is an exclusive board and some of us aren't welcome then you should make it known. There should be mutual respect and courtesy amongst ALL members if all are welcome.

I apologize to all, I was so damn envious that I tried to put those letters there to pretend to be something that I am not, it was childish and rude and I sincerely apologize to everyone here and most of all to Sir T.

I have since changed it and will not claim to be from any organization that I am not a part of. I guess the saying isn't really true that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Sorry again.

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 05:56 PM
...aaaaand that's a wrap.

bobsticks
08-12-2010, 07:34 PM
This is not a veiled threat, it is a direct one, and removing my posting won't change that dynamic one bit.

Was that really necessary brotha-T? I think not. I recall a thread in which you participated in which both JM and I stated that we don't receive Mod Notifications...I've never received one from anybody. In that thread I plainly stated that any member could e-mail me and I would receive instant notification via phone. I don't particularly appreciate the implication that I would remove a post, especially when you ain't got it from the horse's mouth.

Lotsa stuff

They do and while you and most of us might not make assumptions what about the lurkers and the newbs. Potentially any conflict between the two individuals at play or any erroneous information given could have ill effects probably the least of which would be some miguided person spending their hard-earned with unexpected results.

I apologize to all, I was so damn envious that I tried to put those letters there to pretend to be something that I am not, it was childish and rude and I sincerely apologize to everyone here and most of all to Sir T.

I have since changed it and will not claim to be from any organization that I am not a part of. I guess the saying isn't really true that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Dude, you kill me. I think you ask some poignant questions and I know you start some very thoughtful threads that generate a good degree of traffic.

That said we both know that was a blatant attempt to bait someone...which, frankly, could've been okay too but the method was wrong. It wasn't sarcasm or hyperbole or even snarkiness but deception.

I don't know if I'm the least biased Mod but I know I'm the most tolerant. Hell, I can dig a troll if it's a good one and I actually like a good bit of flaming providing that the flow of information isn't supersceded by the ad hominems but claiming to be from an organization that one is not a member of can negatively impact the credibility of everyone on the website.

`