What does a grey chicklet mean? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What does a grey chicklet mean?

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Some one gave me a chicklet with a positive comment. The chiclet is grey. Why?

markw
08-11-2010, 06:30 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe it's from a newbie who doesn't have enough rep/clout yet to give a "real" chicklet.

JohnMichael
08-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe it's from a newbie who doesn't have enough rep/clout yet to give a "real" chicklet.

Most excellent response.

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the responses. It was from a long-standing member, but I guess he just doesn't hand out or recieve the chicklets very often. :)

poppachubby
08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
It's meant to protect you from someone creating a new account and affecting you negatively. On the flip side, someone trying to bolster their own account positively.

JohnMichael
08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
It's meant to protect you from someone creating a new account and affecting you negatively. On the flip side, someone trying to bolster their own account positively.

Oh Poppa what kind of person would do such a thing? Okay I will let it go now.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Oh Poppa what kind of person would do such a thing? Okay I will let it go now.

I think many of us already know the answer to that question :yesnod:

08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Some one gave me a chicklet with a positive comment. The chiclet is grey. Why?

I got one not too long ago. They did not identify themselves which is cool.

GMichael
08-11-2010, 08:16 AM
What's a chicklet? Is that a small chicken?

JohnMichael
08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
What's a chicklet? Is that a small chicken?

Or a young woman who has not reached the age of majority.

GMichael
08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Or a young woman who has not reached the age of majority.
Oh, like a minor-chick?

poppachubby
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I just call them girlfriends.

GMichael
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I just call them girlfriends.
15 will get you 20.

poppachubby
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
15 will get you 20.

No, no it's actually not that bad. I\'ll PM you the specifics and we'll go out some night. My lawyer is a genius, don't worry so much.

GMichael
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
No, no it's actually not that bad. I\'ll PM you the specifics and we'll go out some night. My lawyer is a genius, don't worry so much.
My wife would kill me, chop me into pieces, jump up and down on the pieces, throw the pieces in a fire and then piss on me to put me out. Then she'd take my baby away.

bobsticks
08-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Yes, a very succinct explanation.

The confusing part comes in when weighing the intent...par exemple: I received a "grey goose" from the nom de plume of a longtime regular (under the pseudonym). I know it was positive because of that character's comments in the adjoining thread. Further, the same individual has given me both greenies and reddies and done so on a level basis with reasonable criticism, devoid of personal bias. That, I have no problem with.

The problem lies herein: There are several longstanding members that have multiple screen names for viable reasons (work, multiple IPCs, etc...) They have had them for years with no nefarious aim.

We have all seen what can happen when individuals act from different objectives.

This certainly makes it hard to maintain a level of consistency and has been the topic of much private debate amongst the moderators.

3LB
08-12-2010, 02:16 PM
so, the only chicklets we see are when its accompanied by a comment?

is there a way to see all the greenies? or reddies?

I have a blueberry chicklet

ForeverAutumn
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
so, the only chicklets we see are when its accompanied by a comment?

is there a way to see all the greenies? or reddies?

I have a blueberry chicklet

No. You can see them even if there are no comments. And you can see which post the chicklet (good, bad, or grey) came from. On the top left of your screen, click on User CP. You'll be able to see your chicklet history.

BTW, yours was the grey one. Dude, you need to earn more credibility in this place. :wink5:

3LB
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
BTW, yours was the grey one. Dude, you need to earn more credibility in this place. :wink5:

I guess I also need to spread more love around
as I try to give some a chicklet but can't. So I guess instead logging in under an older moniker to do so, I should just spread some feined praise around arbritarily to random posters, so that I can give real praise to those I actually want. As to my low status... meh.

ForeverAutumn
08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I guess I also need to spread more love around...

Yeah, AR likes it when you're slutty. :ihih:

3LB
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
No. You can see them even if there are no comments. And you can see which post the chicklet (good, bad, or grey) came from. On the top left of your screen, click on User CP. You'll be able to see your chicklet history.

nope, I only can see the last 5, and I know before I had a blue one, and a couple of red ones, and now I can't see them

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM

You superpowered beacon's of light need to cough up some love. I am pretty sure the way it works, is that the more rep you have, the greater the value your chicklets have too. I am tired of being on a good path, or whatever it is.

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
OK 3LB, I just helped you get your third rep chicklet. You can thank me later.

Auricauricle
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I think the grey chicklets are the ones that have been left outta the refrigerator too long. Smell funny, too....I'd send it back for a refund or something.

3LB
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
OK 3LB, I just helped you get your third rep chicklet. You can thank me later.I think I already hit ya - it was labeled 'obligatory'

Dang, now I went and spread too much love in a 24 hour period:frown2:

poppachubby
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I see that. Now we are both spectacular aura's of light, or some nonsense.

3-LockBox
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
So I'm guessing Heywood Djahblomie doesn't rate much in chicklet value

3-LockBox
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I see that. Now we are both spectacular aura's of light, or some nonsense.Nope, still a jewel in the rough - enjoy your grey chicklets! :D

bobsticks
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
So I'm guessing Heywood Djahblomie doesn't rate much in chicklet value

..yeah, Heywood's got character... :D

GMichael
08-13-2010, 05:15 AM
What does a yellow light mean?
Slow down.
? W h a t d o e s a y e l l o w l i g h t m e a n ?
Slow down.
Humpf? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.......doooooooooooooo oooooooeeeesssssssss..... aaaaaaaaaaaa....... yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllooooooooowwwwwww....... .. llllllliiiiiggggghhhhhttttt...... mmmmmmeeeeeeeaaaaaaaannnnnnn.......???????
SLOW DOWN!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddd
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssss............................. .................................................. ..........

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

JohnMichael
08-13-2010, 05:28 AM
GMichael, you are just too much fun. :22:

GMichael
08-13-2010, 05:34 AM
GMichael, you are just too much fun. :22:

Sorry, but every time I read the title of this thread, that old Taxi episode pops into my head. I had to share.

markw
08-13-2010, 06:29 PM
...my initial answer would have been "It means it's been in someones pocket too long."

Auricauricle
08-14-2010, 09:06 AM
....and so, we give it up, for lint....

08-14-2010, 09:56 AM
....and so, we give it up, for lint....

I gave up lint for lint.....

GMichael
08-16-2010, 05:10 AM
I gave up lint for lint.....

You used to eat lint?:nonod:

Auricauricle
08-16-2010, 05:53 AM
It's fiber...and it's not just for breakfast anymore....

GMichael
08-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Better stock up on hairball meds.

Auricauricle
08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Yer...just...not...right, Buddy-ro.... :lol:

08-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Better stock up on hairball meds.

Is lint hair? The what the hell am I doing with it, I don't have any hair, I'm a baldy! Here G(hands the lint to G), you can use this more than i can.

manlystanley
08-17-2010, 03:11 AM
My wife would kill me, chop me into pieces, jump up and down on the pieces, throw the pieces in a fire and then piss on me to put me out. Then she'd take my baby away.

And then..... She'd really get after you........

Best Regards,
Stan

GMichael
08-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Is lint hair? The what the hell am I doing with it, I don't have any hair, I'm a baldy! Here G(hands the lint to G), you can use this more than i can.
Close enough for me. Neither one belongs in my mouth without a very good reason.

Auricauricle
08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Just don't poke yer eye out while yer down dere....

Oh, I did not go there....

bobsticks
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I like pie.

JohnMichael
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Just don't poke yer eye out while yer down dere....

Oh, I did not go there....

that is why they are curled

markw
08-18-2010, 02:52 AM
that is why they are curledThat's one reason I was thinking of using them for a hair transplant on my head. I would be naturally curly and never need a haircut.

GMichael
08-18-2010, 04:55 AM
That's one reason I was thinking of using them for a hair transplant on my head. I would be naturally curly and never need a haircut.
But you'd smell like fish all the time.:eek6:

bobsticks
08-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Ol' mark "LintMuffin" w...

GMichael
08-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Ol' mark "LintMuffin" w...

Wouldn't that be, "Lintmuffintop?"

bobsticks
08-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Well that'll work...or maybe just "LintMuff" as an abbreviation...

markw
08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
But you'd smell like fish all the time.:eek6:Hey! I shower after sex!

GMichael
08-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey! I shower after sex!

How often is that?

markw
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
How often is that?But, at my age, I get more showers than sex.