Does anyone have this Godspeed You Black Emperor on vinyl? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this Godspeed You Black Emperor on vinyl?

atomicAdam
08-10-2010, 05:12 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/godspeed_you_black_emperor-fa_2_.jpg

This is by far one of my most rave recordings. On vinyl it is my record I use to let people hear what a large and dynamic soundstage actually sounds like.

Plus it is a freakingly fantastic album. From the progressive music inside, the recording style, the train flattened penny that came in the packaging, the no labeling on the record except for some slightly cut in words and the glue stick glued on picture on the front of the album cover.

Anyways - just wanted to share...

jonnyhambone
08-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Yep, one of my faves - certainly best of theirs for me. Not only does the packaging and 'flair' inside make me always feel like I'm unearthing treasure, the majesty of the music, textures, sonic space, and scratchy samples, all make for an aural treasure in my headphones.
Lately been listening to similarly leaning (but heavier) Grails 'Black Tar Prophecies', The Body 'All the Earths Water Will Turn to Blood', and some live Mogwai bootlegs. Good grand stuff.

Rae
08-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't have that one, but I was lucky enough to pick up an (evidently rare) vinyl copy of Mogwai's My Father, My King, which I'm sure scratches the same itch.

http://blog.kexp.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mogwai.jpg

~Rae

atomicAdam
08-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Yep, one of my faves - certainly best of theirs for me. Not only does the packaging and 'flair' inside make me always feel like I'm unearthing treasure, the majesty of the music, textures, sonic space, and scratchy samples, all make for an aural treasure in my headphones.
Lately been listening to similarly leaning (but heavier) Grails 'Black Tar Prophecies', The Body 'All the Earths Water Will Turn to Blood', and some live Mogwai bootlegs. Good grand stuff.

I haven't heard of those bands but will check out now. Thanks!

And yes - it is like unearthing treasure every time I open it.