Songs that make you want to rip your ears out. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Songs that make you want to rip your ears out.

ForeverAutumn
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
GAWD I HATE C'MON EILEEN!

There are not a lot of songs that I just can't stand to listen to, but this is one of them. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

A few others songs that are akin to nails on a chalkboard for me are I'm An Adult Now, by The Pursuit of Happiness; Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins; and Mambo Number 5, by Lou Bega.

What songs make you want to drill knitting needles into your ears?

JohnMichael
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Anything by Feist.

Smokey
08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
You are openning a can of worm, but here it goes:

Yes "I've Seen All Good People": A very disjointed and most boring song.

Lynard skinner "Free Bird": This song goes on and on forever.

Bruce Springsteen "Born In the USA": Good album, but crappy title song.

Mr Peabody
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Well Smokey after seeing your post I don't feel so bad about mine. I am really trying to bite my tongue but, dude, how could you not like Freebird? That's sacraledge! Your Redneck license is revoked until further notice. To get them back it takes a healthy dose of Jack Daniels and an ass whoopin from Charlie Daniels. That should do it. If not, then, the big guns, continue with the Jack and break out the Haggard.

I can't stand Don McClain, American Pie, this song or Jackson Browne, Stay, induces instant vommitting.

PeruvianSkies
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM

There are not a lot of songs that I just can't stand to listen to, but this is one of them. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

A few others songs that are akin to nails on a chalkboard for me are I'm An Adult Now, by The Pursuit of Happiness; Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins; and Mambo Number 5, by Lou Bega.

What songs make you want to drill knitting needles into your ears?

Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now
Ahhhhh, that lame sax part!

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
What an ironic title for a song that makes me gag every time December hits.

Sophie B. Hawkins - As I Lay Me Down
I swear they say "who wants nachos" in the chorus background.

Any songs by Creed or Nickelback.

poppachubby
08-10-2010, 01:46 AM
What if God was One of Us - Joan Osborne

I'm an Adult Now - The Pursuit of Happiness

Any big band , piece of chit cover song by Rod Stewart

There are many, many more...

tentoze
08-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Answer is always the same: Crocodile Rock.

GMichael
08-10-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm going down by Bruce Springsteen
Anything by Prince.

3-LockBox
08-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Me and You and A Dog Named Boo

seen it on the internet too... can't believe how someone interpreted that song

wished I could rip my eyes out

But I love I'm An Adult Now!

speaking of Yes, my wince inducing moment from them has to be Don't Kill The Whale

Hyfi
08-10-2010, 06:12 AM
I will always love you - Whitney Houston

Anything by Celine Dion or Bruce Springstein

Swish
08-10-2010, 06:21 AM
...it was a very nice little song by Dolly Parton that was mutilated by Whitney and all her damned vocal excess....eyeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeei, will always loveaYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Good grief.

Swish
08-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Anything by Feist.

Really?

PeruvianSkies
08-10-2010, 06:24 AM
.....that Chocolate Rain song....

HAS TO BE THE ALL-TIME WORST SONG.

Swish
08-10-2010, 06:26 AM
...McCartney has written some of the most disgusting pieces of crap in the history of music.

Someone's Knockin' on the Door
Silly Love Songs (yeah, the bass lines were cool. Whatever, the song still sucks)
Ebony and Ivory
Spies Like Us
Say, Say, Say
Goodnight Tonight

That's enough for now.

GMichael
08-10-2010, 06:38 AM

The dogs in our neighborhood go nuts whenever this comes on our radio. (At least until I get to the OFF button)

Anything by Celine Dion or Bruce Springstein

I’ll second and third these.

There is also a country song (don't remember the singer's name) something like, "Why don't you stay" or something like that. It got megga awards, but I can't stand it. I'd rather have ice picks shoved in my ears.

Stone
08-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Anything by Prince.

Now you've gone and done it. Them's fightin' words.

Hyfi
08-10-2010, 06:53 AM
...it was a very nice little song by Dolly Parton that was mutilated by Whitney and all her damned vocal excess....eyeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeei, will always loveaYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Good grief.

Thanks for that, now it's stuck in my head all over again and I'm nauseous.

MasterCylinder
08-10-2010, 07:06 AM
This thread is hilarious !

Actually YES writes some fantastic music..........Smokey -- try going to music school........and take "Lynard" with you.............they suk !

poppachubby..................agreed............goo d post.

tentoze...........even better post.............ugh !

Hify.............I can't disagree on the Celine bit; I know many people hate it...........there are a few examples of her singing that are truly remarkable, as weird as that sounds.

Swish............the royalties from those horrible songs equals more money than either of us will ever see.................bummer, isn't it ?

Worf101
08-10-2010, 07:18 AM
This is too easy... Like using a grenade to go bass fishin'.

"The Night Chicago Died"

"Brother Louie"

"Louie Louie"

"I Am Woman"

"Zip a de doo effin Dah"

"Play That Funky Music White Boy" (as big and as black as I am why do people continue to ask me to sing this song?)

"Flea Beard"

"Stairway to Leven"

Anything from K.C. and the Sunshine Bland.

God I need to get out more.

Worf

GMichael
08-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Now you've gone and done it. Them's fightin' words.
No need to fight. You can listen to him all you want, while I'll just leave the room. :prrr:

GMichael
08-10-2010, 07:40 AM

This is very strange timing. Someone on another forum I go to was just asking who knew the name of a song and then posted the words to this one.

Hyfi
08-10-2010, 07:50 AM
There is also a country song (don't remember the singer's name) something like, "Why don't you stay" or something like that. It got megga awards, but I can't stand it. I'd rather have ice picks shoved in my ears.

Speaking of country, there is an older song I don't know the name of but as usual it was some poor sap whining about his loser life and all I remember is a line that went something like "if I die before I wake, please someone feed Jake"... I guess his dog. That one was real annoying song along with that Achy Breaky Heart drivel.

GMichael
08-10-2010, 07:52 AM
What happens if you play country music in reverse?

Your wife comes back.
Your truck starts running.
Your dog comes back to life.

3LB
08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
speaking of country music, there is just too much of it that's irk worthy, but there are some artists who have not one song that doesn't bug me:

funny thing, I'm quite surprised that I've liked any of the acting she's done, but Reba Macintire(sp?) isn't a half bad actress, for the few things shes done. My wife liked her TV show; I've seen a lot worse. Loved her in Tremors. But I can't stand her singing and I especially hate to watch her sing. But I'll watch her TV show with the wife.

I hate Toby Keith. What a total rube. Having grown up in TN I've seen some real rednecks, both in country music and real life. Toby Keith has been called retro, and he is, in all aspects of societal development. From his ignorant, juvenile, regionalized patriotism to his over useage of catch-phrase songs, this cousin dater represents all that is wrong with country music, if not its target audience.

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2010, 09:56 AM
This is very strange timing. Someone on another forum I go to was just asking who knew the name of a song and then posted the words to this one.

Are you sure that you aren't thinking of Snowbunny's post about songs you only know the chorus to? That's where the idea for this thread came from.

Stone
08-10-2010, 11:19 AM
FA, if you could just list your collection, that could be my answer to your question.

:lol:

noddin0ff
08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
For me it's has always been The Moody Blues: Knights in White Satin.

tripe. drivel. urp. take my ears please.

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
FA, if you could just list your collection, that could be my answer to your question.

:lol:

I'm wounded! Truly, that hurts.

Just say the word Stoney and I'll send you some samples. In fact, I'll even include a pair of knitting needles. :p

Hyfi
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM

just listened to it last night

GMichael
08-10-2010, 02:00 PM

On that note, you can add anything by The Doors for my list.

Mr Peabody
08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
OMG! ditto Don't Kill The Whales, dig it, dig it..... Good grief what was Anderson on when he wrote that and how did he convince enough people to get it on the album.

Going on record as a Creed and Nickelback fan. In fact, Nickelback was one of the best concerts i attended, it was the showmanship as well as the music.

I agree Toby Keith and his clones are what's wrong with Country but I really disagree he is retro. Country to me is Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis etc. I like the songs Lies by Reba but her style is too candlelight for me.

Slosh
08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
This thread reads like a tracklist to a FinchComp :p

Mr Peabody
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Alright!! Time To Shut This Thread Down. First Skynyrd And Now The Doors, It's All Gone Bad.......

Smokey
08-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Alright!! Time To Shut This Thread Down. First Skynyrd And Now The Doors, It's All Gone Bad.......

I told you FA opened up a can of worm :D

bobsticks
08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
This thread reads like a tracklist to a FinchComp :p

This is the first time I have literally spit liquid out of my mouth when reading a post. Where has our Finchy been?

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I told you FA opened up a can of worm :D

I happen to agree with both Lynard Skynard and The Doors as songs that qualify for this thread. There are a few Doors song that I don't hate, but overall I think that the band is highly overrated.

Here's the can opener. :D

Stone
08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I happen to agree with both Lynard Skynard and The Doors as songs that qualify for this thread. There are a few Doors song that I don't hate, but overall I think that the band is highly overrated.

Here's the can opener. :D

Wow. I happen to agree with everything in this post. I take back what I said about your collection, FA.

JohnMichael
08-10-2010, 06:05 PM

Oh ya I love Dolly singing her song.

JohnMichael
08-10-2010, 06:07 PM
OMG! ditto Don't Kill The Whales, dig it, dig it..... Good grief what was Anderson on when he wrote that and how did he convince enough people to get it on the album.

Going on record as a Creed and Nickelback fan. In fact, Nickelback was one of the best concerts i attended, it was the showmanship as well as the music.

I agree Toby Keith and his clones are what's wrong with Country but I really disagree he is retro. Country to me is Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis etc. I like the songs Lies by Reba but her style is too candlelight for me.

Dwight is the man!

PeruvianSkies
08-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, I hate songs about "Knights" in White Satin....so horrendous and medieval all at once.

noddin0ff
08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
just listened to it last night

lol. you wouldn't happen to be my ol' college roommate would you?

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Wow. I happen to agree with everything in this post. I take back what I said about your collection, FA.

So we know that you don't like what I don't have. That doesn't mean that you'll like what I do have.

You were right the first time. :yesnod:

3LB
08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I like me some Feist

can't stand anything by Rod the Mod post '75. The song Love Touch and its video were wretch inducing.

When The Going Gets Tough by the black Rick Ashtley, Billy Ocean was also made doubly bad by its accompaning video.

then there's the gawdawful new wave meets reggae Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant...
"oh no!....oh no!....oh no!....goood gawd!"

3LB
08-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I hate songs about "Knights" in White Satin....so horrendous and medieval all at once.
yeah, what would that 'round table' look like
?

where's Mr Excalibur?

Stone
08-11-2010, 12:20 PM
So we know that you don't like what I don't have. That doesn't mean that you'll like what I do have.

You were right the first time. :yesnod:

I was just trying to be nice, but it failed. You're right; I still think your music sucks.

Mr Peabody
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Yip, Eddie Grant definitely qualifies.

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I was just trying to be nice, but it failed. You're right; I still think your music sucks.

I wasn't falling for that nice act. :ciappa:

Troy
08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
GAWD I HATE C'MON EILEEN!?

I know, I'd rather come in Eileen, not on her!

Don't kill the whale sucks donkey balls, but the worst Yes song is Circus of Heaven.

What if god was one of us?

What was that sappy and awful Eric Crapton song about his dead kid? You know, the kid that fell to his death because he had no adult supervision? Good thing Eric made a little cash with that song, eh?

Mr Peabody
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Man, Troy, that was harsh.

jrhymeammo
08-11-2010, 04:09 PM
"I do the Rock" by Tim Curry.

bobsticks
08-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Man, Troy, that was righteous.

Fixed

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I know, I'd rather come in Eileen, not on her!

Don't kill the whale sucks donkey balls, but the worst Yes song is Circus of Heaven.

What if god was one of us?

What was that sappy and awful Eric Crapton song about his dead kid? You know, the kid that fell to his death because he had no adult supervision? Good thing Eric made a little cash with that song, eh?

And this is exactly why I've grown so fond of you. :D

3-LockBox
08-12-2010, 05:52 AM
I know, I'd rather come in Eileen, not on her!her body, her choice, right?... FWIW: her last name was Over

Don't kill the whale sucks donkey balls, but the worst Yes song is Circus of Heaven. I might be the only other one who can agree, being that most people here (now) are fortunate enough to have avoided Tormato

What was that sappy and awful Eric Crapton song about his dead kid? You know, the kid that fell to his death because he had no adult supervision? Good thing Eric made a little cash with that song, eh?yep, no irony there.

God is one of us, but he's got way cooler toys

MasterCylinder
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Just thought of another song that makes me vomit..............

Allman Brother's MELISSA......I hate a slide guitar that is not exactly on pitch.
I hate a song that has a slide guitar in it when it shouldn't.

MELISSA has an off-pitch slide guitar that shouldn't be there.............GAG !

And one more thing...........I hate (almost) anything with banjo !!!

3LB
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I hate (almost) anything with banjo
canoe expeditions especially

Auricauricle
08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Okay, I'll bite....How about Madison Park's remake on More than This ? Perfectly good Roxy Music song, shot down in blazes....Of course, not all remakes are so awful. Here's Blurred Vision, doing their rendition of a Pink Floyd fave: Another Brick in the Wall.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo9YWQeilk

Guess somebody needed to say something....

bobsticks
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Just thought of another song that makes me vomit..............

Allman Brother's MELISSA......I hate a slide guitar that is not exactly on pitch.
I hate a song that has a slide guitar in it when it shouldn't.

MELISSA has an off-pitch slide guitar that shouldn't be there.............GAG !

I used to love a girl named Melissa and if you'd ever seen her in black stretch pants you'd have the same set adrift on memory bliss acceptance for this song that I do... :devil: