Paging Davey: Wonderfalls gets canceled. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Davey: Wonderfalls gets canceled.

Swish
04-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I just heard they were canceled after just four shows. I guess they were a liittle too quirky for the average American, but that didn't stop you, 'eh Dave? ;)

Don't be too sad bucko, it's just a teevee show after all. It's not like Beulah broke up or anything. :D

Yer Pal,

Swishy

Dusty Chalk
04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
That's cruel dude, you should have saved it for a day or two.

All the best shows get cancelled. Does anyone else remember "Action"? About a movie-maker in Hollywood.

Ex Lion Tamer
04-07-2004, 04:45 AM
Action...was that the one with Jay More, the sleazy agent from Jerry McGuire? The episode or two I caught was great.

Dusty Chalk
04-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Yup, that was the one (but I think it's spelled Mohr).

Davey
04-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Yeah, someone mentioned that in the TV show thread. Too bad, it was really a good show right out of the box. I guess the networks tend to forget nowadays how bad some of the classics like Seinfeld were in the beginning and how much time they required to find an audience. Just like the music industry now, you either chart high or you're gone. Of course, premiering it against the NCAA finals and then shifting it to compete with CSI made sure it was doomed from the start. There's been some pretty quirky shows that have been popular so I don't think that's necessarily what the problem was. Even that sappy Joan of Arcadia is popular and uses a similar premise, although it's an unquirky drama and spells it out that God is the telling her what to do instead of leaving it open for interpretation. Might have been that irreverence that people didn't like. Supposedly they finished all 13 shows - hope they can shop them around or show them someplace in the future. Not much chance of a DVD from a cancelled show. Not many shows on network TV that are so unpredictable. The top shows like CSI seem to be just the same show week after week with no ongoing character development. Oh well :)

NP: Mary Lou Lord - Baby Blue (nice album but don't expect this to be very popular either)