My Friday 'Song of the Day'. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Friday 'Song of the Day'.

Swish
08-06-2010, 07:19 AM
With the upcoming Pavement show in September, I've been putting their cds in my regular rotation, along with Arcade Fire (show is tonight) and Spoon, who are opening for A.F.

Anyway, the eponymous Slanted and Enchanted was playing while I did my elliptical workout, and I'm sure they're going to play 'In the Mouth a Desert' when I see them. It's one of several great tunes on this debut record, and I can't hear it enough.

Can you treat it like an oil well
When it's underground, out of sight?
And if the site is just a whore-sign
Can it make enough sense to me?

Pretend the table is a trust-knot
We'll put our labels down, favors down
I'll watch a yarn of twine unravel
And you'll never get it back

It's what I want (it's what I want)
It's what I want (twine comes down)
It's what I want (it's what I want)
Don't you know
I could make a try
Make it dry
Make it dry
Make it dry

I've been crowned the King of it
And It is all we have, so wait
To hear my words
And they're diamond-sharp
I could open it up
And it's up and down

dean_martin
08-06-2010, 07:30 AM
nice. enjoy those concerts. I know you will. I would like to catch AF & Spoon in Atlanta, but it's such a daunting task to plan right now.

My Friday "Song of the Day" is Promised Land by Chuck Berry. It's the type of song that makes you want to get the hell out of the office when it's stuck in yer head.

3LB
08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Way Of The World, the lead-off track to the tragically overlooked Dear Reader album from '09, Replace Why With Funny.

Hyfi
08-06-2010, 10:50 AM
LOL, I'm going to see a free Peter Frampton show at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park on Monday night.

Snowbunny
08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm so envious of all of you that can just hop in a cab and see such great bands! Those sound like great shows.

Even your Peter Frampton concert, Hyfi! He hasn't aged well, but I'd still love to hear him live. That song was magic when it was first released.