Most Dramatic Reality Show [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most Dramatic Reality Show

Smokey
08-05-2010, 07:32 PM
And that would be history channel's Ice Road Truckers.

I liked it the first couple of seaons and have watched it on and off over the years, but it has become so far fetched anymore it's almost ridiculous. There seem to be tension in every scene and before every commercial break I swear someone is fixing to die. But then come to find out their tires just spun a little a bit and they're just need a bandaid.

And the safety seem to be last thing on these guys mind as they "dash for the cash" and ride in the most treacherous conditions and weathers. And the mind set that "whatever happens, it will happen" does not help much in that department.

http://tvclash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/ice-road.png

dean_martin
08-06-2010, 07:04 AM
There are so many competition shows now it's ridiculous. I'm not sure you'd even call them "reality" shows. Most have to do with food and cooking. I can't keep up with all the cake shows (there's even a cupcake show).

However, there is one of these "competition" shows that has caught my attention. I've found "Work of Art" on Bravo interesting. I've seen the last 4 episodes and the finale is next week. If you ever wanted to be an armchair art critic, Bravo is airing a "Work of Art" marathon on Saturday which will catch you up to the finale.

ForeverAutumn
08-06-2010, 07:44 AM
I've never heard of either of these shows. But my husband got me hooked on Billy the Exterminator.

It's kind of like the Dog the Bounty Hunter of the insect and rodent world. LOL!

Smokey
08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
There are so many competition shows now it's ridiculous. I'm not sure you'd even call them "reality" shows. Most have to do with food and cooking. I can't keep up with all the cake shows (there's even a cupcake show).

Sometimes I watch some of those cooking shows and tell myself what that got to do with cooking. For example, in one show you will see bunch of cooks running (I mean like marathon) around town and trying to find this ingredient or that ingredient. Or try to solving the next puzzle hidden somewhere in town so they can advance to next step.

The cooking show that really crack me up the most is Cake Boss. I have never seen so many drama queens work in one place :D

I've never heard of either of these shows.

I am surprise you have never heard of Ice Road Truckers. They film the show in your neck of wood (Alaska) and sometimes you have Canadian truck drivers competing against US drivers to see who can haul the most load.