Paint for InWall speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paint for InWall speakers?

N. Abstentia
08-03-2010, 06:46 AM
What's the best method for painting InWall speakers?

I'm going to be helping a friend install some inwalls, and she wants them to blend as much as possible. I'm thinking just regular old rattle can spray paint, maybe with a clear coat unless there is some reason I don't know of to not do this.

Airbrush or a 'power painter' is not really an option as I don't own that stuff and won't buy it just for this project :)

manlystanley
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I used a plain paint brush on mine with the ceiling / wall paint. Blended in real well. Just, make sure that the brush does not have much paint on it. Then paint in light strokes.

Best Regards,
Stan

Swish
08-13-2010, 11:18 AM
What's the best method for painting InWall speakers?

I'm going to be helping a friend install some inwalls, and she wants them to blend as much as possible. I'm thinking just regular old rattle can spray paint, maybe with a clear coat unless there is some reason I don't know of to not do this.

Airbrush or a 'power painter' is not really an option as I don't own that stuff and won't buy it just for this project :)

I ended up having to do 3 coats until it they looked good. One trick that I learned from someone who painted the wall returns in my house to match the walls (they have they factory hardened paint on them) is to use an oil-based primer that will stick to anything, then use your latex wall paint. Works really well.