Help, I'm Stumped with VCR and Yammi 1400 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm Stumped with VCR and Yammi 1400

JSE
04-06-2004, 01:25 PM
I hooked up my Sony VCR when I installed my new Yamaha RX-V1400 a few months ago and I am just now using the VCR for the first time. I have just the basic connection. I am running the standard RCA type analog connection.

My problem is this, I can record with the VCR but when I go to play it back, I only get video and no sound. I have all the analog lines hooked up in and out of VCR and receiver so I am think there is a setting on the receiver that needs to be adjusted. I also have a coax run direct to the TV and I can get the recorded sound through my TV so I know the sound is there being recorded.

Any thoughts?

JSE

Woochifer
04-06-2004, 01:51 PM
A couple of things off the top of my head. First, make sure that the input and outputs are connected correctly. The VCR 1 analog audio connections are typically very close to the ones for the VCR 2 connections, and there are separate audio output and input jacks, so it's very easy to mistakenly connect to the wrong set of jacks.

Another thing you should try is to repeatedly press the VCR 1 button (assuming that you have the VCR connected to the VCR 1 jacks) on the remote, which will toggle you through the audio options. By default the VCR 1 selection should not have any digital audio inputs assigned to it, but if it does you should either go into the setup menu and disable the digital audio assignment to the VCR or simply toggle through the audio options until you see "Auto" or "Analog" appear on the screen.

To make sure that you don't have anything going on with your VCR, try connecting it to another analog input, like the AUX connection, and see if you get silence there as well.

JSE
04-07-2004, 05:48 AM
A couple of things off the top of my head. First, make sure that the input and outputs are connected correctly. The VCR 1 analog audio connections are typically very close to the ones for the VCR 2 connections, and there are separate audio output and input jacks, so it's very easy to mistakenly connect to the wrong set of jacks.

Another thing you should try is to repeatedly press the VCR 1 button (assuming that you have the VCR connected to the VCR 1 jacks) on the remote, which will toggle you through the audio options. By default the VCR 1 selection should not have any digital audio inputs assigned to it, but if it does you should either go into the setup menu and disable the digital audio assignment to the VCR or simply toggle through the audio options until you see "Auto" or "Analog" appear on the screen.

To make sure that you don't have anything going on with your VCR, try connecting it to another analog input, like the AUX connection, and see if you get silence there as well.

Wooch,

Thanks for the help. I will try it tonight.

JSE