any new August releases... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : any new August releases...

3LB
07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
to look forward to... beside Arcade Fire?

Swish
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
to look forward to... beside Arcade Fire?

I checked around and not much excites me in August except Autolux :smilewinkgrin:

I did see Mark Lanagan is coming out with one, a dual effort with Isobel Campbell, and that certainly intrigues me. I guess a new Squeeze would be worth hearing, and possibly Eels.

Interpol is coming out with a new one in September so that's an 'automatic' for me.

jonnyhambone
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
the Lanegan/Campbell 'Ballad of Broken Seas' is a lovely lil' album. Not quite 'Bubblegum' - his "duet" album with PJ Harvey, but very pretty and rich in the late-night vein. I didn't know there was a new one coming, so, good news.
I'm looking forward to a few vinyl reissues in August - Sonic Youth 'Sister' and 'Bad Moon Rising', two of my SY faves come out on remastered vinyl (picked up the awesome EVOL vinyl remaster this past Record Day). And Ween's 'God Ween Satan' remastered on vinyl comes out in Aug. :3:
Panda Bear (from Animal Collective) has one coming in Sept...his last, Person Pitch, was a great summer listen that still gets lots of summer road-trip plays around here.

Slosh
07-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't think this actually gets released until September. Damn, it's good! :)

Stone
07-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Wavves, Land of Talk, and Jenny & Johnny, all have my interest, but I haven't heard any of them yet.

3-LockBox
07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Wavves, Land of Talk, and Jenny & Johnny, all have my interest, but I haven't heard any of them yet.

I have Some Are Lakes(2008) by Land of Talk and I like it a lot. Thanx for the heads-up.

Slosh
07-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Got my hands on The Suburbs CD a little early. It sure sounds better than the mp3 web rip I had been listening to. :)

ForeverAutumn
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
New Ray LaMontagne is due on August 17th. That's an autobuy for me.

Swish
07-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Got my hands on The Suburbs CD a little early. It sure sounds better than the mp3 web rip I had been listening to. :)

I heard one tune today on Sirius and it sounded okay, if not a bit unexpected because it was a bit poppy.

Slosh
07-31-2010, 07:56 AM
I heard one tune today on Sirius and it sounded okay, if not a bit unexpected because it was a bit poppy.I like it. Better than Neon Bible IMO.

Swish
08-01-2010, 05:09 AM
I like it. Better than Neon Bible IMO.
...and it's sounding pretty good.

Davey
08-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I heard one tune today on Sirius and it sounded okay, if not a bit unexpected because it was a bit poppy.
If by "a bit poppy" you mean kinda unremarkable and not very adventurous, yea, you pretty much got it. Has its moments, though, and I bet a few of the songs sound much better live (sometimes you can picture them all banging out the big beat, and it does add to the fun). Win adds a level of passion (and tension) on the stage, no doubt. I saw them with Electrelane opening in Berkeley a coupla so years ago and it was one of the best modern era shows I've seen, though I honestly didn't appreciate how good they were until later seeing them up close on TV. It's a pretty big spectacle, but had the feeling there's still a lot going on that I missed.