Hello USA!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello USA!!!

Roby
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Greetings to you all!
My name is Robert and I write from Italy.
I'm looking for advice on the internet for a small upgrade to my humble hi-fi home theater, especially on components widely used in your territory. I do not know your language very well, so I apologize in advance for future mistakes and try to help with the google translator.

dakatabg
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Hello Italy,

what is the set up of your home theater system that you want to upgrade?

Mr Peabody
07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Along with what you have now, what type of upgrade are you thinking about, do you want overall better sound, a certain feature, better speakers etc.?

Welcome to AR.

Roby
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Primarily serve my tower speakers combine with an integrated amplifier Harman Kardon HK990. In addition to European brands (Monitor Audio, B & W, Focal) are fascinated by Paradigm studio 100.
I wonder what kind of sound these speakers are and how they combine with the HK990.

P.s. And 'better if I open a thread in the section speaker?

Mr Peabody
07-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Paradigm is a hard speaker to describe, it also seems to vary a lot depending on the electronics. They have always displayed a lively midrange, bass is usually dependent on the amp, for some reason the Paradigm have an efficient rating but like current to produce bass. If the HK is typical HK with high current output you should be alright.

You may get more responses on the Paradigm in the Speakers Forum and a more direct title.