Advent Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Advent Speakers

dakatabg
07-23-2010, 08:46 AM
I have a pair of Advent bookshelf speakers and it doesn't say anywhere on them the model. I was looking and looking online but I couldn't find the exact model. Does anyone know the exact model of this speakers??/

http://i28.tinypic.com/n2z677.jpg

basite
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I can't give you the exact model, they are from a later period though, and thus not designed by the original advent founder, Henry Kloss, and also not with his vision.

they appear to be from the 80's, probably the late 80's. in 1981, Henry Kloss left his child advent, and the brand was brought under the brand Jensen (I think), they produced some reissues of the original large advent, under the name of the advent 5012. their other speakers weren't that much good though. the original large advents were a revolutionary new design, which used a acoustic suspension type cabinet, and a 2 way design, which was uncommon at the time for a full range speaker.

these speakers are nothing close to what the advents originally ment... :(

dakatabg
07-23-2010, 02:08 PM
They are built very good. I have never had so heavy bookshelf speakers.

The reason I am asking is because I will put them for sale and I know the first questions will be what is the exact model and how many watts.

Thank you for the info though

Poultrygeist
07-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Those have little in common with the golden age Advents. Henry Kloss not only founded Advent in 1967 but AR in 1954, and KLH in 1957. He was also associated with Cambridge Sound and Tivoli. His last speaker design was the Model Six still sold by Cambridge Sound.