I hate getting lost! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I hate getting lost!

Groundbeef
07-23-2010, 08:42 AM
As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a Funeral Director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around.

I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.

When I finished,I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently, I'm still lost...

L.J.
07-23-2010, 09:03 AM
As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a Funeral Director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around.

I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.

When I finished,I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

:lol:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Beef plays the bags????

Beef question. What about the harmonics of bagpipes makes them sound so damn annoying? The sound of those things drives me to drink heavily!

The last quote was funny and head scratching at the same time.

GMichael
07-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Beef plays the bags????

Beef question. What about the harmonics of bagpipes makes them sound so damn annoying? The sound of those things drives me to drink heavily!

I think you just explained it.

luvtolisten
07-23-2010, 12:49 PM
You had me take the bait!:lol: EXCELLENT!!

ForeverAutumn
07-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Very good! :lol:

Almost as good as my dog food story. ;)

Groundbeef
07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Beef plays the bags????

No I don't play the bagpipes. But I like them all the same! I stole this joke from another forum that I frequent.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Auricauricle
07-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Bravo, Beef! I was completely taken...hook, line and sinker!