Look at FA's back yard...!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Look at FA's back yard...!!

GMichael
07-23-2010, 05:32 AM
FA,

When did you get the new pets?

http://www.wimp.com/babymoose

poppachubby
07-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Dude she lives in Toronto, there's no such thing as a backyard there.

dakatabg
07-23-2010, 05:58 AM
how nice

JSE
07-23-2010, 06:26 AM
FA, you got a nice "Back Yard" there! :ihih:

Worf101
07-23-2010, 06:48 AM
But I kept waitng for the sound of gunfire to erupt... and face painted, gap toothed northeners to come out from the trees to skin dere catch.

Worf

GMichael
07-23-2010, 06:52 AM
But I kept waitng for the sound of gunfire to erupt... and face painted, gap toothed northeners to come out from the trees to skin dere catch.

Worf

No hunting please. Pets are family.:21:

dean_martin
07-23-2010, 07:02 AM
hmmm...I guess my impression of the Great White North was wrong. I expected a year-'round snowman.

Auricauricle
07-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Absolutely terrific. Thanks, GM. That makes my day!

GMichael
07-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Anytime, but where is FA? Did she say something about being out today?

ForeverAutumn
07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Dude she lives in Toronto, there's no such thing as a backyard there.

LOL! I live just north of Toronto actually. But not far enough North to have moose visit. We've seen a few deer in the neighbourhood though.

I've seen wild Moose once in my life up in Algonquin Park about 450km north of Toronto. It was an awesome and inspiring experience that I will never forget. And, trust me, you don't want to mess with Momma moose when her babies are nearby. The Momma that I saw didn't like me sitting my car watching her young'uns and made sure that I knew it. Thank goodness I never turned the engine off, is all I'm sayin'.

One of my husband's suppliers gave us some Moose meat last year. It was godawful stuff. Yuck!

Anytime, but where is FA? Did she say something about being out today?

Sorry, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to provide you with my calendar. It won't happen again. :)

GMichael
07-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to provide you with my calendar. It won't happen again. :)

Not necessary. I was just worried about you. Glad to see you post.

Auricauricle
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Years ago, a girl-friend of mine went camping and hiking at Gros Morne National Park, in Newfoundland. One afternoon, we decided to hike to Snug Harbor, which is located near one of Newfoundland's fjords. That night, a strong storm blew through, nearly blowing a tarp we had tied above the tent away from its moorings and the rest of our gear into the forest. At one point, as we waited for breezes to resume, we heard a heavy tramping outside. My girlfriend cowered beside me for protection and I pulled out my trusty pocket knife. If this was a bear, he would not go unchallenged, I reassured her. The next morning, as we surveyed the campground, we looked beside the tent where we had heard the "bear". No tracks or hide could be found, but there was a prodigious pile of moose spoor located within feet of our poor domicile.

*As I looked closer, I thought I saw a note: "Just passing through. Have a nice vacation. -Maurice".

When we finally left, we took a bus from Deer Lake to the airport. On the way, we saw a moose grazing by the roadside. We realized then just how formidable these beasts truly are, and promised each other to be wary of them should we ever experience such an encounter again.

JohnMichael
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
FA nice of you to sing and play the song that accompanies the video.