cd player burn in [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cd player burn in

Tony M.
07-21-2010, 08:53 PM
When breaking in a cd player do all of the components in the system need to be turned on? Does the music have to come out of the speakers or is it enough to just play a cd in the player over and over? Any feedback is appreciated.

Mr Peabody
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
I've never personally heard a difference in CD players from out of the box to several hours except the Emotiva. I thought it sounded better after some hours of play. The manufactuer thought I was crazy. To answer your question if breaking it in the rest of the system shouldn't need to be on.

Tony M.
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the reply:) I purchased a Cambridge Azur 740c cd player (open box $750) which according to reviews required over 100 hours of break in. I played cds in it for well over 200 hours. The amplifier was on part of the time. To my dismay even though the sound improved, it didn't sound as good with my components as my existing cd player (Arcam Alpha 7). Regrettably I returned the player at the end of the thirty day trial. It probably would sound better in another system, but I didn't want to change any cables or components to make it fit in with mine.

Mr Peabody
07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
The Alpha series is getting some age on them but they were outstanding. Forget Cambridge and pick up a modern Arcam if you can afford one. What else is in the system?

Poultrygeist
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
The only thing that required break-in for my cd player were the tubes.