Klipsch ICON VF35 with 450 Sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch ICON VF35 with 450 Sub

SHIFTY23
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
What are peoples thoughts on these speakers?

My inexperienced ears cant really tell if good or not heard them sounded and was imprssed
link below to check out:

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/vf-35-1-overview/

Mr Peabody
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I haven't heard the Icon series. Klipsch can sound good and very efficient. Take a long listen though sometimes people grow tired or get fatigued by the horns, and play a variety of what you like to listen to. I have a couple pair of Klipsch, they are a fun and lively sound.

SHIFTY23
07-20-2010, 07:02 PM
ok then well you reckon would be a good idea make a cd with variety take to shop?

also should instore get them play off a yamaha amp as is what i got?

another thing, should i be ramping volume up and down to test the speakerS?

Mr Peabody
07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
ok then well you reckon would be a good idea make a cd with variety take to shop?

That's a good idea.

also should instore get them play off a yamaha amp as is what i got?

Yeah, another good idea.

another thing, should i be ramping volume up and down to test the speakerS?

I would just listen at your normal listening volume, maybe turn them up a bit to make sure no distortion or other nasties.

I listened to some receivers today and who knows how they were set up but to my surprise the Yamaha sounded the best between them Pioneer Elite and Onkyo.

SHIFTY23
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Well ok then yeah what do you think of those speakers in link i posted above?

its good to hear i purchased a good amp then haha especially mine is one the higher end ones

Mr Peabody
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I like Klipsch and have come to realize they have some good products, the Icon look good. A sub/sat system has pros & cons like with any sub blending issues but on the other hand gives you more control over the amount of bass impact you like. It should be a good combo with your receiver.

SHIFTY23
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that

Also i have spoken to some other people and they said that horn tweeters are over powering in speakers?

Mr Peabody
07-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Did you listen to them? Most of the Klipsch I've heard the sound is pretty balanced but if you turn them up loud the horns can be piercing. If you like them during audition I think they will make you happy. Turn them up a bit and see what you think.

SHIFTY23
07-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I have heard them was good with song played but i think i want to hear a song which didnt have such higher notes in song, meaning just like more rnb sorta song just to balance it out. cause there are alot of horns in this system, 1 on each front, 1 on centre and 2 on surounds.

Mr Peabody
07-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Well if they were bright to you maybe keep looking, you want a speaker you can play anything on and as some one said in another thread a little anoiance now will become bigger as you live with it. Any other Klipsch available in your price? I thought the Reference 63 sounded good. If Klipsch is there maybe Energy is as well, they are a decent sounding speaker at a cheaper price.

SHIFTY23
07-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Well i went back there to place and tried with a more bassy music to test them better and they did perform well i found good kick to them.
so i did finally buy them finally are good to listen to

Mr Peabody
07-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Cool. They should also give an exciting presentation to movie soundtracks.

SHIFTY23
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah i will let you know how all goes once i set it all up correctly and calibrate it all.

will test it with all music and movies see how AWESOME it is

RGA
07-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I would suggest you play them the way you intend to play them at home - if you like to play heavy metal loud then it makes sense to listen to heavy metal loud. After all it is your hard earned bucks and you have to listen to them every time you want to listen to music. Don't buy what others tell you is good. Everything gets a good review by someone. Klipsch has been around longer than most companies and they have made some terrific speakers and some so-so ones but in the end it's your ear that counts.

Best Buy I believe has a return policy of 30 days - they do in Canada - so take them home and if you don't like them or you find them a little bright (some do) then take them back. Personally, I like the Klipsch Reference line for the money - in Canada they're often on sale for low prices. Might be worth looking out for that line in your area if it is still being made.

harley .guy07
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I have a friend with a pair of icon series and they sound ok but they are no match for the reference series, If Klipsch is your target brand of speaker I would stay with the reference series or maybe some of there vintage series speakers, they seem to be sought after by many for their sensitivity and dyanamics. I really thought the icon series did not seem to bring out what Klipsch is known for and there are better choices in their price range in my opinion. But that is just my opinion.

SHIFTY23
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I did buy them they aren't bad. i really did want the reference speakers but not many retailers in Australia to buy them.
Now looking at what sorta cable to use as just got some cheap figure 8 on it at the moment.
what are recomendations?

Mr Peabody
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't know how bad shipping would be, this is a good cable at a good price www.bluejeanscable.com

If shipping is expensive you would be alright using a heavy gauge oxygen free copper wire of some sort. I feel cables/wire make a difference but the difference is relative to how well the gear is able to reveal it. Cables for the most part should match the system in the same way any other component would. Meaning at this point you probably wouldn't buy a $3k CD player or speakers so along the same line one wouldn't buy cables that cost as much as your receiver.

SHIFTY23
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Yea i was on ebay looking and they have some OFC 14AWG cable is that thick enough?

Mr Peabody
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, 14 should do the trick.

SHIFTY23
08-18-2010, 07:09 PM
To bring up my speakers again i am about to wire it all up this weekend i was wondering on the back of my fronts there is two sets of red and black terminals, i am guessing they are bridged.
I was wondering it it is really worth running an extra set of cables from my receiver to the speaker to give it alot more bang?
I have a 7.1 amp but only 5.1 speakers. Amp produces i think 135W per channel.

Please let me know whether this is a good idea or not?

Mr Peabody
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Shifty, the Klipsch can be biamped by removing the strips between the terminals. I don't think you'd gain much by doing that with your current set up. Just run your speaker wire to one set of speaker terminals or the other, leaving the metal strips in place.

SHIFTY23
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh how come it wouldn't benefit me by running extra set?
What would i have to do to improve the system?