Elvis Presley Top Three [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley Top Three

Smokey
07-18-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/assets/img/artists/presley_elvis/elvispresley06-430x250.jpg

As Elvis does sing soul, gospel, rock, pop and country, there should be some few songs that apeal to everybody. Here are my top three favorites:

Blue Christmas
Its Now Or Never
I Want You, I need You, I love You

And Kentucky Rain as honorable mention :)

JohnMichael
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
My top three

Kentucky Rain

In the Ghetto

Suspicious Minds

My favorite Elvis

Before the weight, jumpsuits and drugs

The weight would have been okay if not forced into the jumpsuits

Smokey
07-18-2010, 05:38 PM
My favorite Elvis

Before the weight, jumpsuits and drugs.

If you go to Gracland, you will see those jumpsuits :)

I kind of like his voice on later years. He became more "soulfoul" and more feelings into his songs.

Mr Peabody
07-18-2010, 07:01 PM
#1. Suspicious Minds; this song Rocks, after this it's a toss up among several but....
#2. All Shook Up
#3. Return To Sender

luvtolisten
07-19-2010, 05:23 AM
1) Are you Lonesome Tonight?

2) Can't Help Falling in Love

3) Marie;s the Name (of His Latest Flame)

PeruvianSkies
07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Smokster...

I am a huge Elvis fan, not really sure why, he was before my time, but I just always liked his style and despite him being "the King" I feel that he is under-appreciated today for his contributions to music.

My three are:

1. Suspicious Minds - classic as it gets, incredibly great female harmonies and just a superbly written song that dealt with the heart of the matter. I've heard covers of this song and they can't even come close, Elvis is hard to imitate, even the best impersonators in the world get his vocal styling wrong on this song.

2. Love Letters - not really why I love this song, it's not nearly as popular as so many of his other hits, but I like the simple, tender, and overall vibe of the song, it's just perfect.

3. Don't Be Cruel - simple, classic, it's a signature Elvis song that put him into King-ship and everyone around the world knows the lyrics. Even after all these years it's just a staple of Americana.

Bonus: Blue Christmas is perhaps one of the best pop Christmas tunes of all time, there is something about this song that just fits the spirit and the lonely that can be Christmas, it also never feels like the season until you hear this familiar favorite and no one else can really bring it like the King.

PeruvianSkies
07-19-2010, 11:35 PM
#1. Suspicious Minds; this song Rocks, after this it's a toss up among several but....
#2. All Shook Up
#3. Return To Sender

I completely agree, when I was a little kid I used to LOVE the sax part in Return to Sender, I still do....great lyrics and so catchy, it almost made my list, but I only had room for 3 and that was hard enough!