A "tweak" that works wonders [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A "tweak" that works wonders

PPG
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
A few weeks ago I posted about burning MP3 discs and how I was loving the vast storage capability and sound quality that wasn't all that bad. Anyway, the "tweak" here is definitely not psychological, it's for real - if you want to really appreciate the sound of good old-fashioned CD's, just burn you up a couple or so MP3 discs and drive around or play them for about a week, get used to the lesser-quality sound like I did, then after several days of MP3 conditioning, pop a regular cd into your player and drive around listening to that for a day or so. Your stereo will sound like you upgraded your components and speakersl! It's amazing. Just try it - it's worth it, especially if you're burned out on cd sound like I was starting to get. The "improved" sound of cd's is much more apparent when you go back to them than is the lesser-sound quality of MP3 files on disc when you start listening to them.

Troy
04-06-2004, 09:17 AM
But then how can you go back to listening to the crappy sounding (by comparison) mp3s?

-Jar-
04-06-2004, 09:30 AM
But then how can you go back to listening to the crappy sounding (by comparison) mp3s?

I can hardly stand to listen to 128's anymore.

160's maybe.. above that.. they're listenable.

-jar

PPG
04-06-2004, 09:49 AM
I don't know, maybe I won't. But at least, we know one thing they're good for.

Hyfi
04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
I still use cassettes for that trick. Works even better.