Charles Bronson Favorite Film [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Charles Bronson Favorite Film

Smokey
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I was going to do a poll but Bronson have star over 100 films and TV shows, so have to do without poll this time around.

His most famous movie seem to be Death Wish which came out in '74 which also span four sequels. Or another would be the classic western Once Upon a Time in the West where he played Mr Harmonica.

But my favorite Bronson movie is '74 movie Mr Majestyk where he is a melon farmer minding his own business. Mafi wanted to kill Bronson because he messed up a mafia boss's jail break plan. But as a Vietnam vet turn melon farmer, Bronson is no push over. He kicked Mafia guys butt as even Godfather would be proud.

Very smart movie and wished he did a sequel for this movie.

http://www.b-movies.gr/UserFiles/Image/mr%20majestyk/mr%20majestyk%202.jpg

winston
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
hi "smokey man" good stuff as usual, I like the way you put it!!

man i love em all "but my favourite one is Once Upon a Time In The West that was a killer cast!! and IMO a great western story!! Claudia Cardinale,Henry Fonda***** at is best, Jason Robards*****, and the man Charles Bronson*****, one of Sergio Leone's spaghetti gold.

do you remember the beginning of this movie when those guys was waiting for the Train to arrived??!!

Smokey
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks Winston

Yes, I remember that part in the train depot. On the DVD commentary in that movie, somebody said that Sergio Leone wanted The Good, Bad and The Ugly main cast (Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Eli Wallach) to appear in train depot as the three men waiting by train station, and be shot down by Bronson.

I am glad those guys did not agree or their career would have gone down drain after that. I don’t know how true that story is, but it was bizarre.

PeruvianSkies
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
His best role for me was ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, although the film THE GREAT ESCAPE is a phenomenal film, his role was minor.

In fact 1968 is my all-time favorite year for films, they include:

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
THE PLANET OF THE APES
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
ROSEMARY'S BABY
THE LION IN WINTER
DANGER DIABOLIK
ICE STATION ZEBRA
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Smokey
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
In fact 1968 is my all-time favorite year for films, they include:

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
THE PLANET OF THE APES
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
ROSEMARY'S BABY
THE LION IN WINTER
DANGER DIABOLIK
ICE STATION ZEBRA
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

That was a very good year :)

The only problem I have with One Upon A Time... is that after a while, the excessive close up shots become too annoying. There is such as thing as being too redundant.

rakeford
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
On a sick at home day, I watched the The Magnificent Seven (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054047/). What a great popcorn movie with a magnificent cast.

Yul Brynner ... Chris Larabee Adams
Eli Wallach ... Calvera
Steve McQueen ... Vin Tanner
Charles Bronson ... Bernardo O'Reilly
Robert Vaughn ... Lee
Brad Dexter ... Harry Luck
James Coburn ... Britt

RoyY51
07-16-2010, 04:57 PM
My vote goes to "Hard Times". Bronson stars as a depression-era street fighter, with James Coburn as his con-man handler. Just the right mix of empathy and action.

Formulaic, but entertaining nonetheless.

winston
07-16-2010, 06:55 PM
damn "RoyY51" Hard Times that was a great flick!! good mention" I remember that one, was that before or after Death Wish?.... "Smokey hello

Smokey
07-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey winston, how is the weather down in Florida. We are baking here close to Ozarks.

I think Hard Times was done right after Death Wish in '75, but haven't seen it. Not a big fan of boxing movies. I am surprise nobody have mentioned Dirty Dozen. That was the movie that made him star.

winston
07-17-2010, 04:54 PM
hey Smokey, the weather is fine over here man "considering what time of the year it is" one good Blessing here is that it rains, lot's of (scatter showers) not as bad a weather as yours" and worf101??!!..... that Hard Times was 75 "huh" boy times sure went by.

Speaking of The Dirty Dozen I totally forget that Charles Bronson was 'one of that Dozen!! the first Name that i remembered when ever time the Dirty Dozen mentioned is (Lee Marvin) That Face