One word about Bob Dylan doing Victoria's Secret commercials [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One word about Bob Dylan doing Victoria's Secret commercials

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2004, 05:44 AM
Creepy.

Has anyone seen this commercial yet? They showed it on our local morning show. He looks like a creepy old pervert lurking in the shadows gawking at this beautiful young woman in her undies. All that they missed showing was him peeking in her window with a video camera. It just left me waiting for the next scene where's he grinning and drooling and...well...fiddling. :(

Not a very flattering persona for Mr. Dylan.

Finch Platte
04-06-2004, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Creepy.QUOTE]

...of duct tape?

ep

Dave_G
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Never understood all the hoopola surrounding Mr. Zimmerman.

Now he is helping sell panties.

Big whoop, I could care less.

Next thing will be Sting selling Maxipads.

Dave

BarryL
04-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Creepy.

Has anyone seen this commercial yet? They showed it on our local morning show. He looks like a creepy old pervert lurking in the shadows gawking at this beautiful young woman in her undies. All that they missed showing was him peeking in her window with a video camera. It just left me waiting for the next scene where's he grinning and drooling and...well...fiddling. :(

That's a pretty fitting description of me...er... him.

Haven't seen it yet.

Go Leafs.

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Creepy.QUOTE]

Is there any evidence...of duct tape?

ep

Well, no. But it's implied.

You never did tell me what you wanted that duct tape for. :confused:

Go Leafs!

DarrenH
04-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Go Leafs.

Oh yeah, Wings - Leafs in the Cup finals.

The Wings win of course. :D

Ex Lion Tamer
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Go Leafs.

Go Sens!

Just thought they needed equal time.

Go Habs (I'm actually a Habs fan, not a Sens fan, the Leafs and Sens may in fact be my two least favorite hockey teams)

Did I mention...

Go Habs!

...and in the West...

Go Flames & Sharks

Dave_G
04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Go Musical Box, beat ReGenesis!

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Go Sens!

Just thought they needed equal time.

Go Habs (I'm actually a Habs fan, not a Sens fan, the Leafs and Sens may in fact be my two least favorite hockey teams)

Did I mention...

Go Habs!

...and in the West...

Go Flames & Sharks

It's too bad Toronto isn't playing Montreal in the first round. It would have been an easier win for Toronto. :p

Toronto and Ottawa is always a good match up to watch though. I'm looking forward to Thursday night. They're warming up my seat at the pub and getting my chicken wings ready as we speak. :)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Oh yeah, and....GO LEAFS!

DarrenH
04-06-2004, 10:36 AM

Did I mention...

Go Habs!

Them farmers from Quebec don't stand a chance. ;)

Les Habitants are gonna get beat.

Hehehe

Darren

MindGoneHaywire
04-06-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't know, it doesn't surprise me all that much. Who ever said Bob Dylan was a nice guy, or that he wasn't creepy? I haven't seen the commercial, but from the description, I'm glad to see that he's willing to put himself in a role like that. There are some who are so taken with their public personas that they never would consider such a thing. Which is not to say that Dylan is egoless, but I think he understands that his fans would probably be more shocked to see him alongside someone like James Earl Jones or Wilford Brimley in an insurance commercial. I admire him for having the guts to portray himself as a pervert. It's a more honest move than many would be able to stomach.

Swish
04-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Creepy.

How's that for weird? I'd never think of Bob doing a commecial gig, but I guess they paid him the right amount of $.

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Swish

ForeverAutumn
04-07-2004, 04:53 AM
How's that for weird? I'd never think of Bob doing a commecial gig, but I guess they paid him the right amount of $.

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Swish

It just seems like a really strange match-up to me. Kinda like that post a while back where we named unlikely musical matches to perform in a band together. If I were gonna choose a celebrity to promote Victoria's Secret, Bob Dylan would NOT have come to mind at all. Maybe that's why I'm not in Marketing anymore. :D

Um.....Swishy....just what exactly are you doing reading the Victoria's Secret catalogue?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D :D

P.S. You aren't working with FP on that duct tape thing are you?

Dusty Chalk
04-07-2004, 05:13 AM
Um.....Swishy....just what exactly are you doing reading the Victoria's Secret catalogue?I don't know too many guys who wouldn't read the Victoria's Secret catalogue if they had access to it.

Finch Platte
04-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Creepy.

Go Gos!

Go Phers!!

Go Nads!!!!

ep