So hot.. I'm melting.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So hot.. I'm melting....

Worf101
07-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Its so hot.....
(wait for it)

How hot is it?

So hot that I'm sweatin' like Gary Coleman at an NBA tryout.

So hot that I hallucinated and thought I saw a post yesterday from Peruvian Skies (wha? Wait!!! Holleee chite).

So hot I'm sweatin' like Obama at a Klan Rally.

Everyone please, feel free to chime in!!!!

Worf

GMichael
07-06-2010, 05:59 AM
Time for some pool time. Anyone fancy a dip?

basite
07-06-2010, 06:17 AM
so hot that I hallucinated and thought I saw a post yesterday from Peruvian Skies (wha? Wait!!! Holleee chite).

you're not hallucinating...

or you are, and I am too.

*checks again*; nope, we're not hallucinating :yikes:

it's 35°C here now...
and humid :(

basite
07-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Time for some pool time. Anyone fancy a dip?

I thought you were never going to ask that...

sure :)

GMichael
07-06-2010, 06:31 AM
CANON BALL...!!!

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2010, 06:42 AM
It's too hot here even for swimming. That would require me to be outside. I'm not going outside. Well, I guess I'll have to walk from my car to my house, but other than those 20 or so feet that I have to walk...I'm not going outside.

Auricauricle
07-06-2010, 06:56 AM
My drink! Thanks, GM!!

Worf101
07-06-2010, 07:06 AM
No "Grabassery" in the pool!

Worf

Rich-n-Texas
07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome to my world! :yesnod:

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Welcome to my world! :yesnod:

:yikes:

GMichael
07-06-2010, 08:19 AM
My drink! Thanks, GM!!
It's an open bar. What's the beef? OK OK, I'll get one for you. Iced tea right?:ihih:

GMichael
07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
No "Grabassery" in the pool!

Worf
Sorry. Thought you were JM.:blush2:

Auricauricle
07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fhd2UZ0pRYs/SPveLFPaT4I/AAAAAAAAAQI/fzniXtx1ZqY/s400/grab+ass.jpg

Rrrrriiiigggghhhht......After you, Murgatroid....

Rich-n-Texas
07-06-2010, 10:39 AM
FA's making fun of me again GM. Tell her to stop it!! :cryin:

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM

No, no, Rich. I'm not making fun of you at all (okay, maybe just a little wee bit). I just can't imagine having this kind of heat as often as you do. It's brutal out there! It's currently 33C with the humidity factor taking it up to 42C. That's 108F!!!

We're not used to temps this high here.

GMichael
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM

She's firting with you ya wuss. Stop crying and make your move.:out:

I got your back dude. Do it!

GMichael
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
No, no, Rich. I'm not making fun of you at all (okay, maybe just a little wee bit). I just can't imagine having this kind of heat as often as you do. It's brutal out there! It's currently 33C with the humidity factor taking it up to 42C. That's 108F!!!

We're not used to temps this high here.

I bet you don't find as many swimming pools up there as in Texas either. Maybe you should go visit Rich to cool off.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
My heart goes out to you guys big time. We had a one day heat wave here where the temperature got to 95 degrees....I stayed in the hometheater that entire day with my dogs.

Today it is 68 degrees and the sun is just coming out from behind the fog. Did I just rub salt into your wounds?

thekid
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
It is so hot (no joke!) the weatherman down here said a "cold front" will be moving in that will lower temperatures to the mid 80's by the end of the week. Break out the Parkas!!!!

JohnMichael
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry. Thought you were JM.:blush2:

If you grab my ass you need to finish the task.:ciappa:

JohnMichael
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
It is so hot I am sweating like a gay man at a church revival.

Auricauricle
07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
:yikes: It's so hot, I'm sweating like a straight man at a gay church revival.....

JohnMichael
07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
:yikes: It's so hot, I'm sweating like a straight man at a gay church revival.....

No need, just a no thanks, not interested will suffice.

07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
It is so hot I am sweating like a gay man at a church revival.

Chile, here is a fan, some ice and a hankie cool your jets!
Wait.....gay men don't sweat, they get moist on the forehead for cryin out loud.

JohnMichael
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Chile, here is a fan, some ice and a hankie cool your jets!
Wait.....gay men don't sweat, they get moist on the forehead for cryin out loud.

Actually we glisten.

07-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Oh no you dent!

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Actually we glisten.

Isn't Glisten one of Santa's reindeers?

Auricauricle
07-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah....Notice how he and Rudy's been all a-glow lately?

07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah....Notice how he and Rudy's been all a-glow lately?

Auri, that is just nasty( note to self: get a visual memory wipe of this or the grossness will just stick in my head).

Rich-n-Texas
07-07-2010, 05:12 AM
She's firting with you ya wuss...
:sosp:
I'm a dumbass. (There, I said it again)

On-topic:

My summer started in mid-May, with daytime highs reaching into the low 90's. The saving grace there was that the overnight lows were still in the low 70's, but by the beginning of June, they were into the low 80's. June was bone dry, and high temps were getting into the upper 90's. The "official" temperature reading for the metroplex is measured at D/FW airport; it only indicated a few days reaching 100+ degrees, but many outlying areas did reach 100 on occasion, my area included. Overnight lows in June were into the upper 80's. Now, on really hot days, the temp at 10 o'clock at night can be as high as 95+ degrees, which makes life for my poor 15 y/o air-conditioner brutal. This month, so far, we're seeing an inordinate amount of rain, and humidity levels are way up. I've never been to Houston but that area is notorious for high humidity along with very high temps, and I'm sure people who are up here from down there are feeling right at home.

This is my world. :eek6:

GMichael
07-07-2010, 05:23 AM

I...:blush2:

Uh.....:eek6:

Now I really am sweating...... like a straight man with his hand cought in the cookie jar.

I don't think I'm up for the task. Couldn't we just be friends?:smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
07-07-2010, 05:27 AM
:sosp:
I'm a dumbass. (There, I said it again)
No you're not. The fact that Pixy keeps saying that you are is just proof that you aren't.
But shouldn't you offer FA a drink?

On-topic:

My summer started in mid-May, with daytime highs reaching into the low 90's. The saving grace there was that the overnight lows were still in the low 70's, but by the beginning of June, they were into the low 80's. June was bone dry, and high temps were getting into the upper 90's. The "official" temperature reading for the metroplex is measured at D/FW airport; it only indicated a few days reaching 100+ degrees, but many outlying areas did reach 100 on occasion, my area included. Overnight lows in June were into the upper 80's. Now, on really hot days, the temp at 10 o'clock at night can be as high as 95+ degrees, which makes life for my poor 15 y/o air-conditioner brutal. This month, so far, we're seeing an inordinate amount of rain, and humidity levels are way up. I've never been to Houston but that area is notorious for high humidity along with very high temps, and I'm sure people who are up here from down there are feeling right at home.

This is my world. :eek6:

Yeah, but it's a dry heat.:ciappa:

JohnMichael
07-07-2010, 05:39 AM
I...:blush2:

Uh.....:eek6:

Now I really am sweating...... like a straight man with his hand cought in the cookie jar.

I don't think I'm up for the task. Couldn't we just be friends?:smilewinkgrin:

I am not sure if I like being compared to a cookie jar. Friendship is fine by me since I am partial to bartenders.

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Other than walking from my front door to my car and back again, so that I can get to work, I haven't been outside since Sunday :(. In addition to the heat and humidity, the air quality here has been terrible. When the air gets this hot and stagnant the smog just hovers and it's brutal on my asthma.

My husband went out for a walk at about 8:00 last night. It was still 32C (90F) before the humidity is factored in. I am so thankful that we replaced our air conditioner in January. I'm not sure that the old one would have survived this.

I'm looking out my office window right now. I look out over a lot of trees and I don't see any leaves rustling. There is no breeze. Just smoggy, stagnant, hot air...Not unlike a few people here!

I keed! :D

GMichael
07-07-2010, 05:43 AM
I am not sure if I like being compared to a cookie jar. Friendship is fine by me since I am partial to bartenders.
That wasn't my hand.
How is this group? Something for everyone.

Worf101
07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
My heart goes out to you guys big time. We had a one day heat wave here where the temperature got to 95 degrees....I stayed in the hometheater that entire day with my dogs.

Today it is 68 degrees and the sun is just coming out from behind the fog. Did I just rub salt into your wounds?
Bastiche!!!!!

Does that answer your question???

Worf (sharpening his Bhatlef in the summer heat)

Worf101
07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Other than walking from my front door to my car and back again, so that I can get to work, I haven't been outside since Sunday :(. In addition to the heat and humidity, the air quality here has been terrible. When the air gets this hot and stagnant the smog just hovers and it's brutal on my asthma.

My husband went out for a walk at about 8:00 last night. It was still 32C (90F) before the humidity is factored in. I am so thankful that we replaced our air conditioner in January. I'm not sure that the old one would have survived this.

I'm looking out my office window right now. I look out over a lot of trees and I don't see any leaves rustling. There is no breeze. Just smoggy, stagnant, hot air...Not unlike a few people here!

I keed! :D
Well, she said she wasn't a goin' out and she ain't been out. Hmm guess she says what she means. C'mon puddin' lets you and me go for a run in the nice bright sun!!!

Worf

Worf101
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Isn't it funny... In the norhteast you go from this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Worf101/My%20Pics/snowyhouse.jpg

To the revoltin situation we're in now. Gasp, ah'm dyin!

Worf

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Worf

And we like to complain about both ! :lol:

Is that your house Worf? It's very pretty.

GMichael
07-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Worf

Thanks Worf. I can almost feel the cold air blowing in from my screen.

07-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Worf

Meeeemories, totally out of mind and out of sight. I remember the snow, but it was a while ago. The only time I see snow like that is when I go to the family vacation home in Wrightwood.

Ahhhh a beautiful sunny 71 degrees today. I love the Bay Area. I better enjoy it, because next week, it is off to Orlando for a grueling two weeks of heat and humidity.

GMichael
07-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Meeeemories, totally out of mind and out of sight. I remember the snow, but it was a while ago. The only time I see snow like that is when I go to the family vacation home in Wrightwood.

Ahhhh a beautiful sunny 71 degrees today. I love the Bay Area. I better enjoy it, because next week, it is off to Orlando for a grueling two weeks of heat and humidity.You can laugh now, but wait till it's quake season my friend.:devil:

07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
You can laugh now, but wait till it's quake season my friend.:devil:

We don't have quake seasons silly, they are not a seasonal occurence. I have been through 4 earthquakes(I have earthquake safety kits everywhere), and not a single scratch, no property damage, and no out of pocket expenses.

JohnMichael
07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
That wasn't my hand.
How is this group? Something for everyone.

Dibs on the one with the cherry.:p

07-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Why did I know you'd go for that one! Leave them chicken tenders alone JM..LOLOLOL

Auricauricle
07-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Figures you'd like the bar, JM....Any excuse to grab a Heinie.... :biggrin5:

GMichael
07-08-2010, 05:17 AM
We don't have quake seasons silly, they are not a seasonal occurence. I have been through 4 earthquakes(I have earthquake safety kits everywhere), and not a single scratch, no property damage, and no out of pocket expenses.
It was just an expression. Geezz...

GMichael
07-08-2010, 05:18 AM
He's yours. I happen to know that he's single and on the prowl.:ihih:

Worf101
07-08-2010, 05:27 AM
And we like to complain about both ! :lol:

Is that your house Worf? It's very pretty.
That's my domicile. The first, and thus far, only home I've ever owned. Nice, relatively quiet academic neighborhood bordering on the campus of Renneselaer (sp) Polytechnic Institute. No back yard to speak of, but I sit on my front porch, smoke my cigars, watch the kids walk to and from school, wave to my neighbors.. I'm happy.

Worf

GMichael
07-08-2010, 05:40 AM
That's my domicile. The first, and thus far, only home I've ever owned. Nice, relatively quiet academic neighborhood bordering on the campus of Renneselaer (sp) Polytechnic Institute. No back yard to speak of, but I sit on my front porch, smoke my cigars, watch the kids walk to and from school, wave to my neighbors.. I'm happy.

Worf
It's a nice looking place. Seems like it would have plenty-o-room inside.

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2010, 05:49 AM

Worf

It looks lovely. I love a house with lots of windows like yours. We don't get homes with that much character in my neck of the woods. Everything is boxy and one of a few builders designs. Even the old houses build in the 20s and 30s are all from the same cookie cutter.

I think that sitting on your front porch is more of an American thing than Canadian. You rarely see people here using their front porch. We always sit in the back. Unless, in cases like yours, there isn't much of a back to sit in. I like the idea of sitting in the front and getting to know your neighbours. But people just don't do it here. We lived in our last house for 12 years and I only ever got to know three neighbours. Two of them were the ones next door on either side. We've been in our new house two years now and I've met four of our neighbours. That's all. It's not that people aren't friendly, we just rarely see each other because no one comes out front to play.

Auricauricle
07-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Porch Sittin' is a bit of a tradition down hereabouts. It's a genial way to spend the afternoon and evening with friends and family or to just sit by one's lonesome with a good book or whatever. Many such porches are quite communally accoutered, with chairs (wicker), a table (and if one is really into entertaining) a mini wet-bar. An uncle of mine had such a set-up, the wet bar being an old bank-teller's station.

Worf, I agree with FA. Yours is a nice, nice place. The friendly vibe there really shows. Thanks for the pic!

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Lmao!

Worf101
07-08-2010, 09:41 AM
When the leaves start to turn and there's a crisp nip in the air. Everyone... (chit including Pix I guess) is invited come on down or up, sit on the porch and rest a spell. Later we'll walk a block or two and watch em play football at the stadium. Don't git no better. I'll provide da chow, bring your libation of choice. In that it's outside Smokey can light up. I'll have cigars and chaw for the more genteel of you LOL.

Worf

07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
It was just an expression. Geezz...

I know it was an expression. Jeeeeeze!!!! (walks away thinking "doesn't anyone around here have a sense of humor"?)

Auricauricle
07-08-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.ispub.com/ispub/ijos/volume_11_number_2_4/type_iii_supracondylar_fractures_of_the_humerus_in _children_straight_arm_treatment_1/humerus-fig2.jpg

What's so...funny? Why so...serious?

07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
When the leaves start to turn and there's a crisp nip in the air. Everyone... (chit including Pix I guess) is invited come on down or up, sit on the porch and rest a spell. Later we'll walk a block or two and watch em play football at the stadium. Don't git no better. I'll provide da chow, bring your libation of choice. In that it's outside Smokey can light up. I'll have cigars and chaw for the more genteel of you LOL.

Worf

I am sooooooo there..

GMichael
07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I know it was an expression. Jeeeeeze!!!! (walks away thinking "doesn't anyone around here have a sense of humor"?)
Don't make me get out of this pool mister!

07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Don't make me get out of this pool mister!

Okay, I have officially melted....and with no heat. Cuteness gets me everytime. :yesnod:

JohnMichael
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Worf

Meeting you and other members would be much fun. You have a beautiful home and from a picture posted a while ago a beautiful family. Worf you are a lucky man.

kexodusc
07-08-2010, 03:52 PM

Worf
Nice place Worf. I didn't realize you live near RPI. (Go Red Hawks!)

Seeing that pic reminds me of things to come, and that I shouldn't complain about the heat. But then again, I have a snowmobile and no jet ski, so bring it on!!!

GMichael
07-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Its so hot.....
(wait for it)

How hot is it?

So hot that I hallucinated and thought I saw a post yesterday from Peruvian Skies (wha? Wait!!! Holleee chite).

Worf

You did, you diiiiiiiiiiid see a PS-cat.

luvtolisten
07-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Its so hot.....
(wait for it)

How hot is it?

Worf

It was so hot...
The squirrels had to use potholders to handle their nuts!

Worf101
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
It was so hot...
The squirrels had to use potholders to handle their nuts!
You bastiche.... I am run through with laughter!!!!

Oh and FA, that corn thingy is making it's way throughout my building, they're lovin' it!

Worf

Smokey
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
It is so hot and humid that...
Cold shower now have a good meaning :D

08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
It is so hot and humid that...
Cold shower now have a good meaning :D

62 degrees and overcast here. Summers in the Bay area confuse me:crazy: September and October are a different story though. Indian summers can be very hot here.

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Currently 29C here with a humidex of 40C. We're supposed to get a nice cold front in tomorrow afternoon to get us back down to a comfortable mid-20s. :)

Worf101
08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Can't nobody say we didn't have a REAL summer this year. I feel like a gigantic sweaty armpit all the time. This sucks!!!!! Naw actually no sense complaining bout the weather can't do anything bout it anywho.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm spending next week in a little cottage without any air conditioning. I'm sure hoping for a break in the humidity or sleep is going to be very, very difficult.

I guess I could just take an afternoon siesta on the beach if I need to.

In fact, I'll probably do that anyway :D Please don't rain!!!

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2010, 05:32 AM
I feel like a gigantic sweaty armpit all the time.
Worf

Your wife is very lucky woman.

:lol:

Worf101
08-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Your wife is very lucky woman.

:lol:
Fie upon thee woman!!!!

Worf

Mingus
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Tomorrow night will in the high 60s in NYC.

dean_martin
08-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't nobody say we didn't have a REAL summer this year. I feel like a gigantic sweaty armpit all the time. This sucks!!!!! Naw actually no sense complaining bout the weather can't do anything bout it anywho.

Worf

except for the gigantic sweaty armpit part, reminds of a quote perhaps erroneously attributed to Mark Twain, "A great, great deal has been said about the weather, but nothing is ever done about it." There are many variations floating around.

08-13-2010, 02:30 PM
OMG, it going to be hot as hell in the bay area. After leaving a hot sweaty humid climate, I am going home to a hot climate again. It is going to be an unbearable 77 degrees tommorrow which makes it time to fire up the air conditioner. :smilewinkgrin:

We truly have not had a summer this year. It has been a very cold June, July, and beginning of August so far. It should warm up this weekend.

bobsticks
08-13-2010, 02:42 PM
OMG, it going to be hot as hell in the bay area. After leaving a hot sweaty humid climate, I am going home to a hot climate again. It is going to be an unbearable 77 degrees tommorrow which makes it time to fire up the air conditioner. :smilewinkgrin:

We truly have not had a summer this year. It has been a very cold June, July, and beginning of August so far. It should warm up this weekend.

:dita:...double middle fingers in the air for you sir...and absolutely no soup!! Here in the waterless, windless Midwest we've had 27 days in a row of 97+ heat index weather...unacceptable...it makes playing the role of landed gentry completely unrewarding...

08-13-2010, 02:45 PM
:dita:...double middle fingers in the air for you sir...and absolutely no soup!! Here in the waterless, windless Midwest we've had 27 days in a row of 97+ heat index weather...unacceptable...it makes playing the role of landed gentry completely unrewarding...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm melting, melting,melting......LOLOL

Worf101
08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
"Never met none of dis here "landed gentry" yer talkin' bout before.... (spits a chaw of bacca juice on the ground), What part of "Murica they hail from?"

LOL. Never thought I'd see that phrase worked into a thread here. Well played sir.

Worf

bobsticks
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Thank you...clearly I have an active imagination.