Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Meat Puppets v. Jane's Addiction [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Meat Puppets v. Jane's Addiction

mad rhetorik
04-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Match 1, Alternative Division: Meat Puppets v. Jane's Addiction

Vote on your fave! Polls close 4/7.

Dusty Chalk
04-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow, this is a tough one for me -- "Nothing's Shocking" vs. "I Am A Machine", "Been Caught Stealing" vs. "Sam", "Stop" vs. ...uh...

...oh, never mind, Juan's Addiciones get's it, I guess it was easier than I thought...

newtrix1
04-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Match 1, Alternative Division: Meat Puppets v. Jane's Addiction

Vote on your fave! Polls close 4/7.

That's cool. Sorry I'm not familiar enough with the other four bands you posted to vote on them. :(

DarrenH
04-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Never heard any Meat Puppets. Heard a little from Jane's Addiction and what I heard was pretty good.

Anyway, it wouldn't be fair for me to vote.

Darren

Dave_G
04-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Janes Addiction - the lead vocals drive me crazy, cannot handle them, don't know any Meat Puppets, so I can't participate in this one.

How about setting up something like Who's Next Versus Dark side of the Moon or something stupid like that?

Dave

MindGoneHaywire
04-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Meat Puppets in a walk. I like the two JA recs I have, and both might be a more consistent listen than just about any Meat Puppets album. But the Meat Puppets started out as hardcore as Black Flag, & wrote a good tune or two along the way. And did that consistently over more than a decade. JA's appeal had a lot more to do with image & production, and I don't think it's a coincidence that they were therefore more popular. It took a lot of balls to be a band that sounded like the Grateful Dead on SST records in 1984, but that means relatively little if the music ain't no good. The Meat Pups were certainly that, and Cobain had pretty good taste. Their segment on the Nirvana Unplugged thing tops just about anything JA ever did so far as I'm concerned...but there's more, much more. Funny timing, I just listened to Meat Pups 2, Up On The Sun, & Live In Montana last week. They sound good. Still.

Swish
04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
than anything I've heard from Jane's Addiction, although I can't say anything bad about them. They just don't appeal to me as much.

Enough said,
Swish