Anybody hear 'The National' on 'Hung'? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear 'The National' on 'Hung'?

Swish
07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I really like this HBO series, and the first episode of the new (and second) season had 'Fake Empire' while the main character, Ray, was talking to his baseball team. It's really good to see them getting well-deserved exposure.

Also, one of my favorite beers had a role too! The character Lenore brought 'a micro-brew' to Ray's house, and it was Founders Double Trouble, a kick-butt double IPA I mentioned on here before.

Mr MidFi
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I caught that, too (the National, that is). I really like that song.

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Initially what made you tune in to a channel that was programming something called "Hung"...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I haven't had the opportunity to try the Founder's Double but I will search it out. My fave for the summer, strangely in so far as I usually gravitate toward lighter fare, has been the Harpoon Oyster. I highly recommend.

A few days ago I revisited the self-titled disc on Brasslands but found it much less compelling than "Boxer"...good to read that they're getting some exposure.

http://livegrazing.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/island-creek-oyster-stout-bottleglass.jpg

dean_martin
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
C'mon, Sticks. It's about a woman who started off the new season with pimp trouble due to another ho squeezin' her man-ho. It conveniently falls between True Blood and Entourage on HBO Sunday nights. It's not one of their best but it's watchable.

Oh, yeah. I heard Fake Empire and tried to identify the beer, but couldn't. I do like me some IPAs and wish Founders was available down here. I've read some good things 'bout that brewery.

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Damn scandalous hoes...I'll have to check it out.

Swish
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
C'mon, Sticks. It's about a woman who started off the new season with pimp trouble due to another ho squeezin' her man-ho. It conveniently falls between True Blood and Entourage on HBO Sunday nights. It's not one of their best but it's watchable.

Oh, yeah. I heard Fake Empire and tried to identify the beer, but couldn't. I do like me some IPAs and wish Founders was available down here. I've read some good things 'bout that brewery.

Actually, if you speak to a knowledgeable beer distributor/retail shop, they should be able to order it. I own a piece of a beer distributor in PA and, because of the location, we don't carry too much in the way of micro-brews. They just won't sell. However, the wholesalers can get their hands on almost anything, you just have to order it and, unless they know you, may require payment in advance. Double Trouble is pretty salty though. I think I paid $60.00 for a case, but beer that's 9.4% ABV always costs big bucks.

One funny thing about it. The bottle has the image of a man but when turned upside down, it looks like a woman. Double Trouble, get it? Check it out: