So here's the thing about Muse... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So here's the thing about Muse...

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I heard "Uprising" on the radio the other day...great, catchy tune...it was catchier when the KLF did it as "Doctorin' the Tardis" and absolutely memorable as the theme to Dr. Who.

Currently I'm making a mixed disc for my lovely girlfriend who has terrible taste in music. This fits in perfectly, sandwiched between Seether's "Broken" and P.O.D.'s "Youth of a Nation". :D

poppachubby
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
P.O.D.!?!? Ouch...must be love.

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
No comment...:devil:

3LB
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I heard "Uprising" on the radio the other day...great, catchy tune...it was catchier when the KLF did it as "Doctorin' the Tardis" and absolutely memorable as the theme to Dr. Who.

Currently I'm making a mixed disc for my lovely girlfriend who has terrible taste in music. This fits in perfectly, sandwiched between Seether's "Broken" and P.O.D.'s "Youth of a Nation". :D

sorry Sticks, I'm sure your post is just a hoot but I'm not familiar with Seether, P.O.D., or KLF and I avoided Dr Who in my youth.

3LB - linear thinker, dwelling in the world of the literal and the verbatim.

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Threadcrapper... :ciappa:

Welp, prog darlings Muse have released a radio-friendly little ditty that cops the synth voicing and sampled clapping off a late-80's dance hit from the KLF who in turn jacked it from the theme to Dr. Who.

That you aren't familiar with Seether or P.O.D. confirms what we all have suspected: that you are too busy doing the linear thinking gig to listen to F.M. radio. That's a good thing.

ForeverAutumn
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
You know what's funny (or pathetic, depending your POV), I was just driving home from picking up a well-deserved and hard-earned coffee and donut for the Hubby who's been working his cute little butt off around the house today, when that Seether song came on the radio. I found myself thinking, "I can't believe I'm enjoying Seether!".

Please, help me...

3-LockBox
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
well, I must doff my hat to you. That's the first time anyone has pointed that out. Goes to show ya how unhip proggers are. Can't say I missed much though.

I found a TotP show on YouTube and there it is...hell, the drummer for Muse does the same schtick that the drummers for KLF do.

How sad does that make what was already a spartan effort of an album if that song was their lead-off single. I guess the joke's on me, I bought it. Still, I'd rather listen to The Uprising than that gawdawful Doctorin the Tards again.

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Snarky!!

bobsticks
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
You know what's funny (or pathetic, depending your POV), I was just driving home from picking up a well-deserved and hard-earned coffee and donut for the Hubby who's been working his cute little butt off around the house today, when that Seether song came on the radio. I found myself thinking, "I can't believe I'm enjoying Seether!".

Please, help me...

Lolz...Hey it happens...I've always kinda liked Fuel and I managed to work The Donnas and Wheezer in on the disc too...