Greetings! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

pinto79
06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey all.

New member here. I followed a link from Google about a LaserDisc player and thought this looked like a cool place.

I'm a casual audiophile and a musician. I love old Stereo gear and Tube guitar amps.

My Vintage baby right now is my JVC JA-S22 amp with a T-10X tuner and a Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck.

Here's a pic of the amp and tuner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/pinto79/Stereo%20Gear/Image124.jpg

I look forward to learning some new things here!

Trevor

Hyfi
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome, nice gear.

poppachubby
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey man!! Welcome to AR, you are home now.

I am also a musician. Bass player. There are several here including the modest HyFi who posted before me.

I play through an Ampeg V4. Old school....all tube. Pounds, screams and eases whenever you need it to. Unmatched tone.

Hope to be hearing from you, we are always glad to have a new member with experience and opinions.

pinto79
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey man!! Welcome to AR, you are home now.

I am also a musician. Bass player. There are several here including the modest HyFi who posted before me.

I play through an Ampeg V4. Old school....all tube. Pounds, screams and eases whenever you need it to. Unmatched tone.

Hope to be hearing from you, we are always glad to have a new member with experience and opinions.

I will try to contribute as much as I can.

I'm learning a lot about the insides of my Marshall heads but a lot of this SS technology is beyond me.

I know good tone when I hear it though, and this vintage stuff sings to my ear. Mind you my Denon DRA-395 is no slouch when it comes to my home Theatre.

Hyfi
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
When I still had my stuff, I used an old Sunn 200 watt tube bass head and an SVT cabinet with my fret-less Rickenbacker.

Been kicking myself ever since I sold it.

bobsticks
06-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Trevor,

Welcome to the forums.

Nice JVC gears. My grandfather had some vintage Marantz stuff with a similar appearance. It didn't take much to learn to love that look.

Like many of the others I too plink around a bit...Jackson and Steinberger geetars with Randall and Twin reverb heads with Laney cabs. Back in the day those Marshall cabs were a little salty so "congrats" on the sizzle.

Peace

dakatabg
06-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the audioreview site, we are a lot here.

You have a nice amplifier. It should rock for 40W per channel!