Help on buying speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help on buying speakers

gamingart
06-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I´m planning on buying a set of speakers to upgrade my H.T. setup. I´m low on cash, and I´m in Mexico, so there´s not much to choose from, not for a few bucks.

I found the r300 and r150 polk speakers. I read they´re a good choice.

My question is:

would you recommend to buy 4 r300 for R-L, Front-Rear speakers or should i buy the r150 for sorround?

I would appreciate any opinions.

LeRoy
06-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I am not a fan of Polk speakers so the only thing I can bring up is an alternative choice. Cambridge Audio S-30 is a fantastic little budget speaker and I do believe there are Cambridge Audio dealers in Mexico. Have you considered C.A.?

LeRoy

gamingart
06-27-2010, 03:44 AM
No. I´ll looking into them.

Thanks.

blackraven
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Use the r300's for the fronts and the r150's for the rear. If your not that much into 2ch music and are only looking for HT use than go with the R150's all the way around. Bear in mind that you will need speaker stands which is an added expense.

Mr Peabody
06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Agreed, if you want to save a few pasos go ahead and get the smaller model for rear. You set your receiver's internal settings for rear to "small", select the crossover point and the bass for the rears should go to the sub. I personally like a larger speaker for mains and center though.

I find Polk a decent speaker. There is probably better but if your selection is small, you could certainly do a lot worse than Polk.

Not sure what exchange rate is but here's a site that sells worldwide direct to the customer www.emotiva.com You can see if the speakers compare.

gamingart
07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Thank You all. :3: