Jazzy new addition to the household... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jazzy new addition to the household...

bobsticks
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I returned from a brief few days escape to find the lil' misses' non judicial usage of my credit cards included this wee ball of sweetness...

She was named "Jazzy" by my girlfriend's daughter (who likes jazz!) but her behavior is, at best, like Eric Dolphy on speed...the dog not the girl...well actually...nm.

Stone
06-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Cute puppy.

ForeverAutumn
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww!

bobsticks
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
yeah, she's cute...which is probably a good thing. I'm more of a cat person myself...it wasn't lost on me that the puppy was purchased during my absence. She is affectionate though and makes a variety of subhuman noises.

Finch Platte
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised it can hold its head up, with them ears.

MasterCylinder
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm more of a cat person myself...it wasn't lost on me that the puppy was purchased during my absence.

LMAO !

Swish
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
...standing on the sofa behind me 'You got some big ears on you". BWAHAHAHAHA.

dean_martin
06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the new addition. My first real pet came late in life and had a calming affect on me even while she was a rambunctious puppy. I still carry my bank card with puppy teeth marks from when she tried to eat my wallet.

Swish
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
I still carry my bank card with puppy teeth marks from when she tried to eat my wallet.

Yeah.

GMichael
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Very cute. Congrats.
I'm a cat person too, but dogs can be a lot of fun. They actually do what you tell them to do once in a while.

dean_martin
06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah.
Yeah.

...and college-age kids, too. There's a moral here somewhere.

bobsticks
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm surprised it can hold its head up, with them ears.

Yeah.

I call her "my little Rat-Weazle"

frenchmon
06-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Congrats and good luck!

I've got a little foo foo dog as well...a Yorkshire Terrea. or better know as a Yorkie. Cute, funny, very active chews on any and everything around, poops, pp's sometimes in the house, hard to train....even barks in the house...drives me nuts. Next time a real man size dog....and not a yapping foo foo.

Found out I really loved the dog. Took him in to get his oysters cut as a pup.....dog had a reaction to the shots...heart stopped and the dog was dead before they beat his chest and got the heart to beating. When he came to, he could not move, he could only breath. They put a diaper on him and we had to take him to a 24 hour animal hospital where they could monitor him. Dog was blind...could not move....could not feed himself....had to wear a diaper....and was fed through an IV in his arm. He laid in this condition for about 2 weeks.....Wife crying and loving on him all the time in this conditions. He began to move his tail and after 4 weeks we had to bring him home seeing that he could eat food with his mouth. Got him home still blind, cant walk, could not hear, still got diapers....and we had to hold him up to feed him and he hated water. He is now 97% back to normal....but he is a little slow in the head, and he shakes. I love that dog now....but he just gets on my last nerve with all the yapping and chewing

kexodusc
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
She does have a pretty intelligent look about her. Nothing wrong with big-eared dogs either!

Hyfi
06-25-2010, 05:47 AM
She does have a pretty intelligent look about her. Nothing wrong with big-eared dogs either!

She will run away from Stix if she is that smart!

What kind of rat is that anyway?

frenchmon
06-26-2010, 01:20 PM
maybe she will grow into them ears.

bobsticks
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
She will run away from Stix if she is that smart!

What kind of rat is that anyway?

She's a good mammal and recognizes the alpha male of the pack...lol. Actually it's pretty funny. Anyone who's spent a significant amount of time with animals knows that they love affection but refuse to be held/confined at great lengths. Evidently, i am the only one in the house that has spent anytime with animals. Accordingly, the dog, against all my wishes has taken to me like stink on shiite...

She's a Min-Pin.

maybe she will grow into them ears.

Doubtful. I think they're the only things still growing.

jrhymeammo
06-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Damn, she's adorable!

I think I've read somewhere that you can't get electrocuted by peeing on a Martin Logan.
Perhaps you might wanna try it out yourself first to make sure the puppy can feel safe peeing at your condo.

Do you guys plan to clip her ears? I'm not a big fan, but it's a popular choice.

JRA

bobsticks
06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Whattup Jaybo? Long time no hear from...

Actually I can verify that one cannot, in fact, get electrocuted from peeing on a Martin Logan. Last week I had a few IPA's and was doing my impersonation of Swish doing his impersonation of Al Gore with a staffer after a Greenie convention...it was cruel and savage but no injuries were reported.

There will be no cutting/butchering of the animal.

NP: http://c.imagehost.org/0109/Wilco_Being_there-1996.jpg

The afternoon's setlist:

http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51eZE-NPxnL._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51068Q7PF3L._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NCB03QHML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ForeverAutumn
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
So you're the other person who bought that Luke Doucet album! I have to say that I'm surprised. I didn't know that anyone south of the border had ever heard of him (aside from the few here that learned of him through me). How do you like it? I found it quite boring. Not nearly as charming as his previous two releases, Broken, and Outlaws.

bobsticks
06-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Well, I don't have his other two for comparison but I would say that it was not what I expected. I was lurking on Amazon scoping out some Josh Ritter and it was one of those "What Others Bought" dealios. It's got a "samey" bit of an edge to it but when in the mood it works...I'm getting ready to fire up the grill, so it's just fine.

Certainly not the Ritter, Lamontagne, Sexsmith jingle-jangley songwriter deal I Expected though.

ForeverAutumn
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
No. Doucet is more indie-blues based than singer/songwriter. We've seen him live though, and he's one hell of a guitar player.

If you want a CD that's more fun to ride than Blood's Too Rich, check out Broken (and other rogue states). I think that if you were to search the archives here for our top picks of 2005 you'll find my top pick was a tie between Broken and Andrew Bird's Mysterious Production of Eggs.

Broken is a sort of concept disk about a bad breakup and then recovery. It's very, very good IMO. Much better than Life's Too Rich which was a real disappointment to me.

poppachubby
06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Awwww, he's so cute stickdoggy. Can I watch him sometime?

http://www.fresnodog.com/images/wok.jpg

JohnMichael
06-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Poppachubby I did not know you were a dog wokker.

ForeverAutumn
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Poppachubby I did not know you were a dog wokker.

Ba dump dum :7:

I tried to throw you a greenie for that, but the AR Gods say it's not to be. :(

JohnMichael
06-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Ba dump dum :7:

I tried to throw you a greenie for that, but the AR Gods say it's not to be. :(

As long as I brought a smile to your face that is thanks enough.

bobsticks
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM

That is so unacceptable. :hand:

poppachubby
06-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Bobsticks if anyone at this site could appreciate that joke, it would be you. Really though cute dog...

Slosh
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Look at the monkey-faced sumbi<a>tch my daughter brought home a few years back.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq41/Slosh_album/Guarded.jpg

bobsticks
06-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Pugnacious to be sure...how you bein' oh Sloshing one? Any new stuff that I should be checking out? You're usually pretty adept at picking them thangs that sound so solid...

ForeverAutumn
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM

That reminds me of the old email to test your visual perception. It's a photo of a bunch of half naked, gorgeous firemen (in your case bikini clad young ladies) and you're supposed to find the dog.

Seriously, for like the first five seconds all I could see was your car. It took me a while to realize that there was even a dog in the picture. :D

BTW, is that doggie tied to the bumper?! :eek:

Slosh
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
BTW, is that doggie tied to the bumper?! :eek:376 horsepower + 1 pugpower! :D